Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fresh Produce

It is always fun to look outside and see all the weeds, I mean, plants growing in our yard. Seriously we have a ton of weeding to do, but a midst that we actually have some fun things growing in our garden, and we allowed our trees to produce fruit this year. Our favorite treat are the nectarines from our nectarine tree. We also have some plums, but they are currently being heavily guarded by a wasp nest so we don't get too many of those. Our corn is growing, we'll see how good the harvest is, and my zucchini has actually been working this year. Yay! Perhaps I can make more than one loaf of zucchini bread this year. We were comparing pictures of our yard from when we first moved in and it's amazing how quickly everything grows. It's fun to start seeing it come together. Weeds and all! Before

After






5 comments:

Jackie said...

I am so insanely jealous of your nectarine tree. Mom was telling me all about how you couldn't believe that you didn't like white fleshed ones before. Aren't they delicious? Mmmm, Yum!

Heidi Green said...

3 posts!?! Hip hooray!!! I loved seeing Vivi and how she's growing - what a fun stage. The pics of Emma and the fruit are great! How fun that she can go pick herself a snack whenever she likes. And boo about her stitches. :( And last, your yard looks awesome!! It's grown in really well.

tkfonzie said...

Look how much bigger everything is...that is so much fun! Love me a Nectarine!!

Unknown said...

Your yard looks great!

Monica said...

Wow! What a difference a couple years makes. Everything looks so much bigger, and your grass looks good too. It gives me hope for my yard in a few years.