Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ripped in 30!


(Sorry for the immodest picture of old Jillian)
So thanks to my husband for the encouragement as well as my sister-in-law Melodee for introducing me to Miss Jillian's workout videos, I have successfully completed 2 days of Ripped in 30 workouts!  I know most of you are probably rolling your eyes at this point because, lets be honest, 2 days isn't exactly anything to shout about, but for me it has been an accomplishment.  For those of you who know me well you will know that I HATE to exercise.  I have taken a terribly long sabbatical from exercise and it was time to get back on board.  I like workout videos because I can exercise in the comfort of my own home with no one but Emma watching me.  :)  The first time I did the video I thought I was going to die, but at the end she just emphasized how hard we had worked and how good it felt to push yourself to the limit and just "show up" in our lives.  It was what I needed to hear and it was amazing how much easier it was to do again.  So I hope that I can keep it up and get into a better routine, because it makes me feel stronger physically and mentally.  I feel like if I can do something that hard, that I can make it through the rest of the challenges each day.  I just wanted to write these feelings down before I forget and return to my comfortable couch potato ways.  Any encouragement and support would be wonderful.

5 comments:

tkfonzie said...

I am super proud of you Aim!!! The hardest part of the journey is deciding to take the first step (or something along those lines:)).
I know that Jackie has done her 30 day shred and had really good results. Yay for you!

Jackie said...

Way to go! I can't wait to hear how you feel when you're done with the 30 days. I need to hop back on the bandwagon as well, I've really let myself go.

Mandos said...

You will have to let me know how you like it. Excersise is never fun. But I agree the mental and physical benifits are worth it! Keep it up! :)

Heidi Green said...

I've done that video and it's a hard workout! Way to go!! I've been doing ok with exercising lately but eating has been killing me. Your post has been especially inspiring for me since I've downed more than my fair share of sweedish fish in the past hour. ;-P

Monica said...

Sooo good for you to start! I've stopped and now need to start too. Let me know how you like the Jillian video.