Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Worst News of The Week


I just found out that Ken Griffey Jr was just traded from the Cincinnati Reds to the Chicago White Sox. Normally I wouldn't really care since I'm not a big Griffey fan, and I don't really care about either the Reds or White Sox. However, we have tickets for the Reds vs Cardinals (my favorite team) on August 16th, and I was really looking forward to seeing one of the greatest hitters in the game and the smoothest swing I've ever seen. We even have seats right behind where Griffey was supposed to play. What a joke!!!

On a related note, the ohio welcome packet hotline is going to need another spokesman. We were told about the hotline last week and when I called I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by none other than Ken Griffey Jr. Now that he's gone to Chicago, maybe I'll try out for the spokesman Job.

4 comments:

Marnie said...

That's too bad about him getting traded right before the game you are going to go see. However, I do think you would make a great spokesman!

Mom in Orem said...

You would be a great spokesman, because you can do anything! But stay a scientist the world needs you as a scientists!

Mom in Orem said...

I think that someone in Ohio must be voting for Cortnie. Juding that two of the Utubes are dances that Cortnie performs.

I didn't get a chance to vote. How come your polls are already closed?

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

What a bummer! I can't believe that would happen! YOu are a sweet gal, maybe they can arrange a special meeting session for you and the baseball superstar! :) hee hee

Glad to hear the ducks are saved!!!