Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just a little bit of Random

So this post is for my sister Kim who is anxiously awaiting a new installment of our lives. The only problem is that I really have no idea what to write about and so this may be just a bunch of random thoughts. First off, for those of you who like to watch American Idol, Mike and I are totally in love with Danny Gokey. He has such a good and unique voice. We're pretty sure that he will go far, but I guess we'll have to see. Mike has a class until 10:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and so my nighttime lineup has consisted of the Biggest Loser and American Idol. I think I will need to start a new book so that I don't get to much t.v. watchin in.

So I finished the "Twilight" saga in a week and a half. It was o.k.. It's funny because I wasn't really "loving" them while I was reading them, but I was obviously obsessed with finishing them. It was so frustrating because I tend to have some OCD in certain areas and "finishing" things is one of them. I hate to start something and not finish it, so hence why I read all the books so fast. My poor husband never talked to me and so it was a relief to finally get it over with. I think I will not read a series in awhile for that exact reason. Of course after reading the series I had to go and see the movie again so I guess I enjoyed it enough.:)

We have another ultrasound on Friday which will be nice. It is always fun to see the baby and it helps me not get too worried that something is going wrong. Hopefully everything will be o.k.. I'm still trying to get Mike to write a post about everything that he is doing this quarter, but he is super busy and so it might be awhile. He just has a lot of classes, and is trying to do research on top of it. He's a pretty hard worker though and likes to get things done far in advance, which is unlike me who usually does everything last minute. I must learn from him. Well, that's enough randomness for one day. Sorry if this post was totally boring. We'll come up with something good soon though.

6 comments:

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Okay! Jon and I totally think that This GOkey guy is going to be in the top of the American Idol!
Yeah for ultra sounds! I get one next month!

Jackie said...

I was wondering why you hadn't posted for a while. How fun that you get another ultrasound. Let me know how it goes.

Heidi Green said...

I'm not so sure about Gokey... I was pretty luke-warm towards his performance this week. I usually have to watch for a few solos till I decide on a favorite.

Me too re: Twilight. It's so so for me. In fact, I didn't even read the last book because the 2 before that I had to force my way through.

I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!

tkfonzie said...

Thanks for the post Miss Amy, It throws off my groove when I don't get to hear something form each of you at least on a weekly basis:).
I haven't watched too much idol, they keep changing the days when it is on and I have a hard time keeping track.
Good luck with the ultrasound on Friday, I am sure everything will be peachy!

Marnie said...

Kory and I like Danny Gokey too. We also liked his friend and was sad that he was cut. I am also rooting for the Utah girl Meghan Corkery (sp?) She is friends with one of the girls who own the dance studio where I teach. Have fun with your ultra sound.

Mandos said...

Can't believe you only kind of liked Twilight! I think you need to read it again. :)