Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This and That

So my sister very kindly let me know that I need to be blogging more, even if it is just the mundane day to day things, so here it goes.

Last week my Dad and Dorothy came out to visit for a few days on the way back from their cruise. Hearing about their cruise and seeing videos sure made me hungry to go on one. For one thing the food looks amazing, and it would be nice to just go on a nice relaxing vacation with just my hubby. This seems like a very unlikely scenario since we have obligations such as pets and a child, but oh it would be nice.

It was so nice to be able to spend time with family, and Emma sure loves to see her Grandparents. Although, our silly dog barked at them the whole weekend it turned out pretty nice. We went to a neat antique car museum, and also saw some amazing instruments as well that they had on display there.




Emma has been so humorous lately. She sure picks up a lot from our dog. Besides trying to eat and drink out of his dog dish she has now really gotten into "kisses". Not just cute little pecks, but yucky slobbery kisses. I realized this morning as the dog was licking her and she was trying to "lick/kiss" it back that this may be part of the problem. Oh so gross. I am going to have to work on her "kissing" etiquette.


Last night Emma woke up at 3:00 a.m. with a nightmare. She was so worked up that she did not want to go back to sleep, she wanted to stay up and play. I made her go back to bed, but 30 minutes later she was up screaming again. She would not lie down again until I layed on her bedroom floor next to her for the remainder of the night. I guess it helped both of us since Mike is gone on a business trip this week and so at least I could be with her. I just hope this will not be a common occurrence.

So things are going well with our church callings. I am teaching the 11 year olds and am really enjoying the class. It is a fun challenge knowing how to teach them since I am so used to the little ones, but it is amazing how much they know and how thirsty they are for knowledge. I hope I can help them even just a little bit at this crucial age to gain a stronger testimony of the gospel. I am also the new choir director. I've had this calling before, but it sure intimidates me every time. Hopefully everyone will be patient with me.

6 comments:

tkfonzie said...

Yea for new posts! Thank you very much and look how much you had to say:).
Those cars were Super Cool! I am glad that Dad and Dorothy stop by and visit you, I am sure it is good for Emma to get to see family more than once or twice a year; you don't want her pulling a Drew because she doesn't know people:)).

Heidi Green said...

Yea for whichever sister (Kim?) told you that you need to blog more - the mundane things are what I love hearing about!

I'm glad you got to see D&D... I was not a fan of all the gun/boat/trailer/etc shows that he frequented, but I used to love going to those car shows. :)

I know the logistics of getting your daughter and pets to my home is tricky, but please know that I am willing to watch them ANYTIME you want to go on a trip. I'm totally serious.

Sorry about your nightmare experience. :( Maybe you could give her some slobbery lick/kisses to make it all better. ;)

I'm sure you're great at your calling. That's how old Bradley is and he loves his teachers. Do you have a mix or is it the girls only?

Jackie said...

I read this a couple of days ago & forgot to post. I always do that...sorry.

I'm glad that you got to spend some quality time with D&D. Those looked like some cool cars.

I hope Emma's sleeping better & that you guys are surviving without Mike, that is never fun.

Marnie said...

Sounds like all sorts of fun at the Sharp home. I loved the story about Emma's Kisses - so cute and so gross! Good luck with the new calling.

Marlo said...

Hi Amy, I always enjoy reading your blog... and hey anytime you and mike want to go on vacation or a date together, I'd be happy to watch Emma for you... (really, I'm totally serious, after you have 5, whats one more?!! plus the kids would just love to have her over!) so just let me know when! :)

Monica said...

We like hearing even the every day things. It is fun to hear about.