Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Utah trip and more

It was so nice to be able to go back home to Utah to visit. Mike was nice enough to let Emma and I tag along on his work trip. We originally weren't going to be coming home until Thanksgiving so this was a great opportunity. Thanks to all who helped out, especially Dave who really made it possible. Although it was silly I had a good time surprising my mom. It took her awhile to realize what was going on when Emma came knocking on her door. I loved just spending time with our families, and eating at some of my favorite places, it brought back good memories. Luckily the flight back to Vegas went well and it was nice getting home to Bakersfield. I don't think Emma realized how much she missed being home and seeing her dad, she just couldn't stop hugging him when she saw him. It was pretty cute.

In other news, Emma slept her first full night in her toddler bed. Some friends of ours were getting rid of theirs, and were kind enough to let us have it. I was worried that she would fall out, or wake up a lot, but she slept really well the whole night. The hard part is "nap time" since she just wants to play, but luckily I haven't put any of her toys/books in her new room with her yet.

7 comments:

ScoundrelLV said...

Good luck with the toddler bed. We cut Annadele's binkies today to see if we can get rid of them. I made sure she was really tired before I put her down so we will see. Next, I want to try the bed, but that will be another day.

Heidi Green said...

A toddler bed?! Aaahh, she's growing up too fast! ;)

Heidi Green said...

Oh, and - It was SO fun to see you last week!!

tkfonzie said...

It was SO good to see you if only for a short while. I hope that Emma has a better day today than she had yesterday:).

Mandos said...

It was good to see you guys! Wish it cuold have been longer. But I'll take what I get! :)

Monica said...

It was nice to have you guys here. I'm so glad you and Emma could make it too. Is Emma still doing well in her bed? Will she still take naps? That's fun that you were able to surprise your mom.

Marnie said...

I am glad we got to see you. Thanks for taking all those baby clothes home with you! I can't wait to see you guys again at Thanksgiving. Hopefully by now the toddler bed is going well!