Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Monday, April 11, 2011

Busy March and April

So many things have happened in the last few weeks and I am FINALLY getting around to posting about them. I finally have videos/pictures from our Utah trip. It was so much fun seeing everyone.
Emma turned 2 years old on April 1st and we had a pretty low key party. We have a sister in our ward that we are really good friends with. She lives with her niece and family and Emma loves playing with her great nephew Quinn. We had them over for spaghetti dinner, cake and ice-cream. Emma was so involved in playing that she didn't even want to eat her birthday cake. For her birthday we bought her a small climber/slide. I wanted to get her a play kitchen as well, but that will have to wait. She is in a very imaginative/active stage right now and so we wanted to get her something that she could use. She has loved her slide and so far it has been worth it.



Emma is sure growing up quickly. She amazes me everyday with the new things she can do and say. Her favorite phrases are: "Hey, what you doing there?", "Get Down" (to the cat on the table), "I'm coming!" (She never really comes), and "Mommy, Diaper change please".

Emma has also begun to help us say prayers. She gets so proud, as do we, when she repeats the things we have her say. It's pretty cute to listen too. She is really trying to repeat most of everything we say now, and is such a chatter box.

She is still sleeping really well in her toddler bed, and waking up at 6:15 EVERY morning. Urgh! I sure wish her internal alarm clock was set for 7:30 instead.

I am getting HUGE! I am starting to feel like a whale. I think I am about as big right now as I was when I delivered Emma.:) I've really got to keep an eye on my calorie intake because I have a few more months to go yet. Baby #2 is moving more and more which is always a joy.

Oh, Emma also got her 1st official hair cut. She has needed it for awhile now. So, she not longer has a mullet. She has a cute little bob. She was so good getting her haircut, hopefully that will continue.

7 comments:

tkfonzie said...

It is so much fun to see how quickly she is growing into a little girl instead of a 'baby':). Her hair is darling and it is funny how surprised I am every time I see how blond she is...why do I expect her to have darker hair?:))
Yea for the moving baby...it helps us to feel like everybody is O.K.!
Thanks for all of the videos, it helps to not miss all of the fun stages Emma is in.

P.S. I had a thought...what do you think of the name Sophie?

Jackie said...

I love Emma's pigtails...they're so cute!

Unknown said...

Her pigtails are adorable.

Heidi Green said...

Her cake looks yummy. My kids have a slide like that and it's been fun, I'm glad she's loving it.

It's so fun to hear what she's doing, thanks for sharing. You'll love having this for your records too. :)

When are you due? I know it's summer but I forgot the exact date.

And, I love her haircut!

Monica said...

Those videos are so stinkin cute! Emma's smile is so adorable.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Awww Happy b-day Emma! Love the pig tails! WOW! I think she has more hair than Lynsi and my Lynsi turns 2 in August!
So fun to see you guys and read about you on your blog!

annathanp said...

We're glad Emma had a fun birthday. She kicks off the month for the family.

I'm glad my kids weren't early risers. If they were, they definitely would have been in bed sooner though, so I guess there's a tradeoff.

Glad to know things are going well with baby #2. We enjoy the updates.