Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Gifts

This post is going to be about all of the "gifts" that I am thankful for. It's funny as you get older how birthdays are pretty anti-climatic, but I have been blessed in so many ways. I have a beautiful family that I love so much. It makes me so happy to have Vivian get the giggles when I act silly, and when Emma tells me thank you for saying a prayer, or watching how wonderful Mike is with these sweet children as well as me. They are all some of the greatest gifts I could ever have. Here are some pics of these cuties. .
<
Vivian is 8 months old today and is such a joy. She continues to learn to sit and crawl better. It also looks like she will be getting some more teeth in the next little while. She loves attention and gets very upset whenever she does not have your full attention. Emma will be 3 in a couple of weeks and she can't wait for her birthday party. She wants a purple princess party and she's been telling us for months now that the present she wants is a "vacuum". Too funny. I guess she wants to help me clean. I'm also grateful for my talents. I don't use them as much as I should and I tend to hide them under a bushel in an effort to not seem arrogant or anything, but I'm thankful that I have the chance to share my gifts of music and dance in "The Music Man". It's true that if you don't use your talents that you lose them, and I am truly out of practice. This is a good opportunity to sing more and luckily my family hasn't gotten sick of me yet. To go along with that I have the gift of a supportive husband who knows me so well and what I need and is willing to help out anyway he can. (He also got me a Belgian waffle maker and a sweet night out for my b-day.) So temporally I am also grateful to be finally getting a kitchen aid.
I will let you know how my first batch of bread in it turns out. Yay! No more hand kneading for me. Also, the gift of finding long t-shirts with spandex in them. Who knew they would be so hard to find.:) Random, I know, but I'm grateful nonetheless

7 comments:

Jackie said...

I can't wait to hear how you like your Kitchenaid. Woo hoo! Cute little family you have.

Monica said...

Amy, I'm so glad you had such a good birthday! I loved the pictures! Vivian is getting so big and I love that smile. Emma's hair is getting long! I want a kitchen aid too, or botsh. You'll have to let me know how you like it.

Melodee said...

Yay for spandex! Haha glad you had a good one

tkfonzie said...

It is So true that as you get older, the gifts you cherish most aren't the Temporal ones:).
Love the pics of the girls and I hope that you love your Kitchen Aid, it took me about 6 months to get used to it since I mixed everything by hand, but now it gets used for almost everything:).

Heidi Green said...

Yea for all your wonderful gifts... what a beautiful family you have. Love ya Aim... have fun with the waffle maker and mixer - they're the gifts that keep on giving. :)

ScoundrelLV said...

You do have a beautiful family. What a treasure they are. Vivian is getting so big. Is she nawing on everything? I can't wait til mine is out of that stage. I think it is funny that Emma knows exactly what she wants for her birhtday. Annadele didn't really care, or more I don't know if she knew she should. Good luck with your kitchen aid. I'm sure you will use it more than I use mine.

Mandos said...

Happy late birthday! Love hearing of all your wonderful gifts. Love you! Have fun with your kitchen aid!