Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Other Winter News

O.K. so I was going through Mike's pictures and found some great ones that I never posted, along with stories to go with them, so I will try and give some extra information regarding what we have been doing the last couple of months. 

In December Mike's work had their annual Christmas party and for the last 2 years they have held it at the local ice skating rink.  They have a little kids section filled with "snow" for those who can't skate.  Mike got these great pictures of Vivian.  Mike is a super great Dad and took Emma out skating on the ice.  I used to LOVE ice skating, but as I've gotten older, as well as my knees, I thought better of skating myself.  :(  We were treated to some nice hot chocolate, pizza, salad, ice-cream, you get the picture.  It was a fun night.  Also, Emma was the Angel in her preschool reenactment of the Christmas Story.

Mom and Melodee came out right before Christmas and we went to the "Calm" to see the lights.  It is a really small zoo.  Here we are with Santa Clause.  The best part is we have a similar photo the last time we went to the calm for Christmas and Emma has the same reaction as Vivian. 

For New Years I was able to attend my Grandpa Cleons funeral, which I am so grateful I was able to be there for, and Mike stayed and watched the kids in Vegas.  Looks like they had a good time while I was gone.  Our sister in law Evelyn's mom came from China for a visit and we were able to meet her while we were in Vegas as well.  She is a very nice lady and although it was VERY difficult trying to communicate (she speaks only Chinese) she just loves children and thank goodness for google translate. 




 

 
 


These pictures were taken at our local park. We just had a fun family day at the park. I sure love this beautiful family of mine. They make me smile everyday. 




4 comments:

tkfonzie said...

So cute:). Do you ever wonder why we parents insist on torturing our children taking pictures with Santa? :))

Heidi Green said...

Vivian is looking so BIG!! Also, I love the screaming Santa pic. Classic. :)

Heidi Green said...

PS - sorry for the lack of contact lately. I've been way too busy... time for re-evalution of what I can drop. ;)

Monica said...

So fun! Thanks for posting the pictures.