Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Counting Down the Days

I have never been at this point in a pregnancy before where my "baby counter" on my blog is actually still going down.  Normally I will have already had the baby and my counter says I still have 30 days left.  :)  So as of tonight I have 9 days left.  I go through a lot of different emotions.  There are some nights where I am so ready to be done and just get it all over with and then I have days where I get apprehensive about the actual labor, etc.  We are just praying that things will go o.k. and the baby will be safe.  We have been very blessed to have great friends and ward family here in California.  It would be 100 times more stressful if I didn't know I could call a dozen people at a moments notice and they would take over the kids for us.  At my last appointment my doctor stripped my membranes.  We thought maybe we'd get started sooner than later, but I still haven't been having too many contractions.  I guess I am still measuring small so I have been going to non stress tests twice a week and my doctor wants be to get another ultrasound to see if the baby is getting bigger.  It's crazy because they can't even get me in until Wednesday.  It just seems silly to be waiting to do these things kind of last minute.  I don't know, hopefully everything is o.k.  Vivian is going to be turning 3 this next week.  It is amazing how fast time flies.  She's such a funny kiddo.  We have been very blessed to have these sweet kids.  I sure love them and they are ecstatic to have a baby brother.  (Perhaps a little too excited)  We don't know when we are going to be getting back to Utah.  Hopefully we'll be heading there around Thanksgiving. 

2 comments:

tkfonzie said...

I saw Vivi's picture on the calendar this week and couldn't believe that she was going to be three, these kids are growing up so fast!
Hope things get moving soon!!:)

Anonymous said...

Well I'm a day late and a dollar short on reading this... I'm so glad Gordon got here safe and healthy. Love you guys!