Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Monday, April 13, 2015

Emma's 6th Birthday Party!

Well, here is the long awaited recap of Emma's birthday.  In my mind I envisioned it quite differently than what actually took place, but it's over and so all is well.  :)  I knew that since we were inviting 50 + kids that I wanted activities that would keep them entertained and provide me with low stress.  So the carnival theme came about.  We had 6 "booths", Craft table (Name tag craft), Paint Spinner, Duck Pond, Face Painting, Sack Races and Spider Toss.  I thought that we would have so many kids that there would be children waiting in line for the different activities and that we would be pressed for time to have all of the children participate in each of the activities....WELL we ended up with about 20 kids who were pretty much done after 45 minutes so we busted out the presents and cake and "ice cream".  It ended up working out because after we had a little break and some cake the kids just decided to go and play some more at the different activities that they liked the best.  It ended up being fun for the kids, and Emma had a good time which was the most important thing, but in the future it was a lot more prep and stress than I will want to deal with again.  Too bad I couldn't get the balloon artist/magician to come, now that would have been cool. :)  I was lucky to have some parents willing to help out which was so that was nice, and my friend Sarah was thoughtful enough to take all these great photos.


































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks like so much fun!!!!! I love all your party ideas and it looks like a good time was had by all. Happy birthday sweet Emma!!

tkfonzie said...

Oh the cuteness! I guess we all have to have one moment when we overdo it just to learn why we won't do it again. :))

Salmon Tolman Family said...

oh my goodness, what a memorable and fun party for your daughter!! I can't even imagine doing a party for 20 kids, let alone 50! You're like wonder woman!