Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Zoobilee Zoo



So after a month of being here in Columbus Ohio we finally made it to the Columbus Zoo. It is only 20 minutes away from where we live and we've heard a lot of good things about it. It started out being a pretty good day and then it started to rain. It was still a lot of fun. Their baby elephant was celebrating it's 1 year birthday, but we were unable to see it. We really enjoyed the Manatees, snakes, elephants, and the imfamous wolverine. Mike was able to get us pretty cheap tickets on campus and so we'll probably be able to go a few more times.

We also purchased our airplane tickets for our trip to Utah so we are on our way!!! We will be coming out from July 4th-July 14th. It will be nice to spend 10 whole days with our families. We already have quite a few things planned so it will be a great trip. Hopefully we'll want to come back to OHIO:)
Well, that's about it from this end. Until next time.

8 comments:

Heidi Green said...

Yeah - you're coming to town!!! I just put it on my calendar, let me know if you need to crash at my house during any of that time.

Fun picture - is that one you took? The name of your post is haunting me - where is that from? Was it a TV show? It is going to bug me until I figure it out :-), maybe I'll go on Wiki and look it up.

Love ya!

Heidi Green said...

Hey, I also just voted regarding ice cream and I need to go into details about my choice here (oh boy you are going to think I'm crazy!)

I voted for Rocky Road but my real favorite is Moose Tracks. I only voted RR because of sentimental value that's attached to my childhood and Dad. Remember those huge brown tubs he would get of his favorite brand and keep in the deep freeze? And every time he took us on an adventure we'd stop to get an ice cream cone - the really good kind, not the soft serve stuff I usually give my kids :-). Anyway, I would choose MT to eat unless it has chocolate covered nuts, and/or I was feeling sentimental, then I would choose the RR.

Mom in Orem said...

The picture is amazing! I love this Blog it makes you feel not quite so far away. We are all really excited to have you back home for a couple of weeks!

Jackie said...

Okay, so I have to ditto EVERYTHING Heidi said...except that I did vote for Moose tracks...but I almost voted for rocky road. And...it wouldn't let me vote again for Colby...and he chooses R.R. too. So there you go!
We can't wait to see you guys! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

tkfonzie said...

I loved Zoobalee Zoo! I also really like your new layout colors. It will be fun to see you and Mike, even for the short time you are here. We always looked forward to the visits we made home from california. I have heard lots of positive things about the Columbus Zoo, someone famous works there or did....where is this ice cream voting thing?

tkfonzie said...

I found the ice cream vote, DUH, I actually love Brownies on the Moon best, unless you have the Rocky Road with the chocolate covered PEANUTS and mini marshmellows, but no one makes it like that anymore so... I voted for Moose tracks because that was the closest to the stuff that Dad hid in the freezer.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Love the Columbus Zoo! WE have a zoo pass, it's mandatory for Ethan! :) Cheap entertainment for the year and all! ha ha
WOW! You are flying back home before me! NOW that's unfair! Hope you guys have fun! Oh! Thanks for letting us borrow those movies...yeah! Did you want them back?! ha ah just kidding! We will get them to you ASAP! Ethan loves the CHipmunks now!

Marnie said...

I can't wait to see you both in July. It will be so much fun! The zoo looks very cool.