Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Long Days

Right now Mike and I are having long days. We wake up at 6, exercise and then get ready for the day. I drop Mike off at 7:40 at school and then begin my crazy day of chasing kids and trying not to get too much "child gunk" on my pants. Then I get off at 6, pick up Mike from school, and we get home around 7pm. Then by the time we have dinner, clean up after dinner, blog, and read our scriptures, it's about time to hop in bed again. Wow, at least we have Saturdays and Sundays off.
We're finally getting a chance to go to the temple this Saturday. After 4 weeks, (can you believe that we've been here for 4 weeks!!!), we've finally been able to get scheduled for the temple. It's a smaller temple and so we have to have an appointment for our sessions, but on top of that they have had construction, and weren't open when we first got here, and have limited hours since they've opened. I was beginning to go through temple withdrawals. I'm just thankful we have one so close (10 min). Well, that's about it for now. Until next time.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

You're so blessed to have a temple so close. I hope you enjoy it. And look at you Mrs. exercise...I need to follow in your footsteps.

Anonymous said...

If you're ever in a Road Trippy mood, I live about 10 minutes for the Louisville temple. :)

Marnie said...

Sounds pretty crazy. Have fun at the temple on Saturday that will be a nice break from the usual.

tkfonzie said...

It was great to hear from you again, I was getting Mike and Amy blog withdrawls. :-) I was surprized to hear that it took a month to get scheduled to go to the temple, I hope that isn't a common thing for you. Embrace the gunk! haha .

Heidi Green said...

I'm so glad you've written again. . . it's so fun to hear more about your new life in Ohio. Do you like your job? Does Mike like school? How are your neighbors? How is the ward, do you have callings? Details, details - we want more!!!

Love you :-)

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Hey! Life has been crazy for Jon and I as well. We want to have a game night soon, and it's nice to know that you have Saturday's off! We'll have to plan something soon!

I have had weekly tests on my stomache, hence the crazy weeks and haven't been able to call you cause I haven't felt the best after these tests..like 2-4 days after they are done! ARGGG! Nothing found so far, I am just one healthy girl with stomach issues?

Mom in Orem said...

It sounds like your weeks are packed. I am so excited that there is a temple near by you, but having to make an appointment would be hard to get use to. Have you had a chance to look up President Petersen?
Miss you!

Heidi Green said...

from Lauren:

Hey! My mom showed me some comments on a blog she wrote about me. Thanks!

Love, Lauren

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Hey guys! I just had to write and say that Jon, me, and Ethan had a such a fun time at your apartment last week! I still can't believe how friendly Ethan is with you two! He LOVED the chipmunk movie you let him borrow...especially the singing in it. As you well know, he loved music!
Hopefully my stomach will be feeling better after this last test I take and then we can have games more often! You guys are great! It's nice to have good people like you in Ohio! YOu are great friends!

Melodee said...

Hi Guys, So Ohio huh :) your days make me tired!