Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nightmare or Reality- You Decide:)



So I have to tell you all abou the nightmare I just had. It was about my job. It started out being a typical day with the toddlers, then all pandamonium broke lose. We had just separated the kids into smaller more managable groups. After playing outside you can imagine what a difficult transition it is for half of the kids to leave their friends and come back inside. While gathering the kids together for an art project, a child from outside rushes in to use the bathroom. Although this child is no longer in diapers, he gets a little too sidetracked during the day and tends to never make it to the potty in time. Sooo, in this nightmare I begin to help this child with his accident while catering to the other children in the classroom. After the child has gone to the bathroom and is waiting to get a change of clothes on, 2 of my students decide to run out of the classroom door into the big kids play ground. This is a big NO NO since we are never to be out of a 1 teacher to 7 student ratio. Hmmm what should I do because I have to catch those kids and I can't leave the others behind. I rush to the door in order to alert he attention of another teacher to catch the runaways. While my back is turned the child in the bathroom has now dumped out his entire box of wipes in the toilet and has started a massive flood. He is now playing slip in slide in the toilet water rushing everywhere onto the floor. AAAAAHH , help please!! No sooner had I uncloged the toilet then ALL of the kids come running back into the classroom. GREAT! all of the kids playing slip and slide in the peepy water. That was only the beginning of my "dream"/"nightmare"/"reality", but it would take another post to tell the rest.:) Needless to say I am looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight. "Calgon Take Me Away"

7 comments:

tkfonzie said...

Bless your heart Amy, welcome to the world of more than 1 toddler at a time. I think you need another helper or locks on the doors. I still remember chasing a kid from the Kiddle Colledge up by the old house, to the intersection that goes to the cemetary. This kid was psycho(3 years old. He was a biter too, I wish you warm water and lots of bubbles.

Jackie said...

Are you sure that was a dream? :)

Marnie said...

Amy, I am soooooo sorry! I can't say I have had an experience just like that, but I promise I can relate. You are a saint for doing what you do!

Heidi Green said...

Wow, that's all I can say. . . wow.

:-)

Mom in Orem said...

GiGi and I would always say, "This will make us grow." anytime we were experiencing difficult or hard or nightmare situations. So, I think this qualifies as one of those growing experiences. Keep lots of Calgon on hand!

Brooke S said...

LOL!!!!

Melodee said...

So I totally had to look up the whole Calgon reference but I get it now. So I hope that works out for you.