Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Spring has Sprung





I can't believe it is already May. We have been here for a month and a half now and time has really gone by quickly. It feels so surreal sometimes. From what we hear, the weather in Utah has not been too desirable so I am sorry to inform you that in Ohio we have had beautiful warm days for the past 2 weeks.:) I guess I'm so excited about the nice weather because for the first 2 weeks we were here we got nothing but rain and more rain. It is nice to see the sky. We miss the mountains, but love how green everything is out here. There are flowering trees everywhere and it is becoming very green. We tend to get a couple of visitors everyday to our doorstep as well, some ducks. We have a pond in front of our complex and so there are plenty of geese and ducks wandering around the parking lot. It's a lot of fun. I've had a good change at work which has made things quite a bit easier. I am now teaching in the preschool classroom which is nice because it is the age group that I have more experience with and they can definitely do a lot more in a structured environment. It's amazing what 6 months can do for a child. I'm sure all the mothers can vouch for that. I miss my little toddlers though and I definitely learned a lot from them. It was hard, but good for me. So we'll see how things go with this new position. I am really liking it so far. Mike is currently working on a homemade batch of ice cream. Yummm! He is trying to perfect his recipe. He is so sweet. Yesterday he sent me some flowers at work. He likes to send flowers on days that I will not expect it and I definitely was not expecting it. I consequently made all of my co-workers very jealous. They said I would have to clone him. I have to agree that he's one in a million. I feel very lucky to have him. He's very patient and caring. He makes me pretty happy. Well, B-dee, B-dee, B-dee, that's all Folks.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

What a sweet husband...I'm glad that you picked a great one! And that's fantastic that you're with the older kids. I'm jealous of your ducks and warm weather....yep, very jealous!

Marnie said...

I woke up to snow today! Can you send some of your nice weather our way. Wow, Mike, I am impressed. Who trained you to be so sweet! It must be the influence of your wonderful big sister.

Heidi Green said...

Way to go Mike!

Hooray for the job change - yes, 6 months makes a Huge difference! How many kids in your class?

Your last sentence made me laugh :-)

tkfonzie said...

What a sweetie, i am glad that the new change has beena positive one, I hope that you all enjoy the wonderful weather, out here it is a crap-shoot, one day nice, the next, snowing. We will miss you both on Sunday.