Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Friday, March 28, 2008

Impressions of the CIty


We have been in Columbus for 2 whole weeks now, which pretty much makes us experts on the city. Here are some surprisingly shocking things about Columbus that we have come to realize.

1. People in Columbus do not enjoy Gelatin snacks as much as those from Utah, even though they have two gelatin manufacturers in the State and Utah has none.

2. The only people at Ohio State that are married are Foreign or from Utah.

3. The drivers in Columbus have super fast reaction times, and even though it feels like they don't give you much notice before they narrowly miss hitting your car as they swerve between lanes, its really because with their heightened reaction times they are giving you plenty of warning.

4. Sometimes at Night we get tricked into thinking the sun has finally come out, but when we look out our blinds its only the incredibly bright street lamp right outside our apartment.

5. Columbus sailed the Ocean blue fourteen hundred and ninety two.

6. Everybody in Columbus loves Ohio State Football, and surprisingly haven't heard of Utah State Football.

This entry was happily provided by Mike. (If by happily you mean kicking and screaming)

11 comments:

Jackie said...

The whole time I was reading that I thought "this doesn't sound like Amy, I wonder if Mike wrote this"...and lo and behold I saw the disclaimer at the end. No foolin' me huh? I know you like the back of my hand! :)

Heidi Green said...

I totally had the same experience as Jackie - I kept thinking, "wow - Amy's in a funny mood today." When I got to #5 I thought Mike might be involved somehow.

I love that you guys are writing so much - keep it up! It makes me happy to know what you are doing and how the adjustment is going.

Love ya both!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. I was in Columbus this week. I should have thought of getting ahold of you. Go have dinner at Brio. It's fabulous!

piercedad said...

With 100% free phone service between T-mobile servers, you would think we would talk more. That makes free calls between you and Mom, Jackie, David, and me. I did not get that Mike was doing the blog until he announced. David was in Columbus and spaced you out???

tkfonzie said...

I totally loved the bits of Columbus info! The tidbit about the married people was really funny!
Way to keep up the posts!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Hey! I found your blog! Swwweeet! This is Jamie Gardner! I was laughing at your list! I totally agree with you on every single one of those comments. I don't how the city is where you guys live, but where we are, there are always slow..sllloowww drivers! I think Ohio drivers are silly!

My biggest pet peeve so far is when someone is not even half way in the middle of the turning section and the light turns yellow, well, instead of going, they try to put their car in reverse and back up. I have waited at too many yellow lights! I think it's hilarios..unless I am in a hurry! ha ha ! Silly drivers!
We need to get together and play games! What does your weekend look like! Oh! COngrate on the new job!

Mandos said...

I knew it was Mike the minute I started to read it. Laughed the whole time! :)

Brooke S said...

Happily provided by???/ Well... that's a good start... I can't even get my husband to sign on as a cohort to my blog, even though I've "invited" him several times.

Good luck in OH!

Mom in Orem said...

You still got it Mike! I giggled the entire 8 points, or was that 5?

Tiffani said...

Hi, Amy (and Mike--even though you don't know me :o)). This is Tiffani (Wheeler) Downing. I'm excited that you're in Ohio--that's much closer to Massachusetts than Utah is (I live in Massachusetts). So THE Ohio State, eh? Are you both doing grad school? What are you studying? Best of luck with everything in this new, exciting time of your lives!

Marnie said...

It is good to hear you are adjusting. We miss you guys!