Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Speedy Deb

So we broke down and decided to get another house mate. We can't afford pet rent here for a cat or a dog, but a hampster was just about our size. We decided to name her Deb after Napoleon Dynamite. She loves to run in her hampster wheel and is very very fast. She is still a little nervous around us, but hopefully she'll warm up. She sure is cute. We've had a pretty good week so far. Mike is enjoying his classes and it seems as if they will be a good challenge and experience for him. I also was able to get that job I was hoping for. It really was a miracle. I started my background check on Friday and it was supposed to take 7-11 days and mine came back on Monday. My boss said that it was the quickest she was ever able to hire someone. I think it is going to work out well. I start work on Monday and so it will be nice to have something to do. I've had the week off and so I've been trying to keep myself busy. I have made one skirt and am working on another. I'm really not a very good seamstress, but I thought I would try. They are easy patterns, but I am still so slow. It is good practice for me I guess. Well, that's about it for us this week. Take care

5 comments:

tkfonzie said...

Deb is so cute! I hope that she doesn't stink like the guinea pigs dad bought for Jacob, PEEUUWW. I am so excited that you were able to get the job you wanted. Is it with special needs pre-school or is it just normal?
I am very impressed that you are making some skirts, super Martha you are.
Have you heard about your tests yet?

Heidi Green said...

Ditto on everything Kim said. . .

I had no idea you were enough of a pet person to get a hamster. Mike must be paving the way for a dog in the future ;-)

Also, I didn't know you had a sewing machine. (But now that I think of it you were considering some kind of home-ec major at one time, weren't you?)

Good luck next week!

Mandos said...

Your Hamster is cute. Sounds like he will keep you entertained.
I can't believe you already have one skirt made that! that's great. You were just getting fabric the other day. That seams pretty quick to me. :)

Jackie said...

Where is a picture of your skirt? I've been thinking of making a dress myself because it's impossible to find dresses in the store anymore...but I chickened out. I'm so impressed that you made one! And that's so fun that you've added Deb to your family...I hope your plant (whatever his name is) doesn't get jealous.

Mom in Orem said...

Speedy Deb is almost as good as a dog! AND, she is VERY cute. More importantly, she doesn't shed, bark, or pea on the carpet.

I am so grateful for Amy's new job. I hope your first week went well. You will have to write and let us all know.

Very impressive making a skirt in one week. What's this nonsense of being slow?