Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

18 months and counting!

So yesterday morning I woke up like any other day and started to get ready when my husband presented me with an 18 month anniversary present. He has started out the Christmas season by giving me my new Christmas ornament. It's pretty sad when the husband is the one remembering all of the anniversaries, but he is wonderful at it. I can't believe that it has only been a year and a half since we have been married. In some ways time has gone by quickly, but it's amazing to see how much has happened in such a short amount of time. I just feel so lucky and blessed for all of the experiences that we have had so far. We definetly have our good and bad moments like everyone else, but I am happy that I can share them with Mike. He really helps to bring out the best in others and I truly appreciate his great example to me. I can't wait for him to be a Dad!! Woo Hoo, our kids are going to be sooo lucky. :) O.K. I think I have probably embarassed him enough to last for awhile.

So Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!! We are sad not to be able to be home for the holidays, but we are being blessed and watched over. A sister from Mikes mission invited us up to Michigan for Thanksgiving. It will be nice to spend some time with them. I am also gearing up for Christmas. I think I had all of my presents bought last year by Thanksgiving because I just couldn't wait. I am looking forward to putting out Christmas decorations, watching "White Christmas" and listening to "The Messiah". Fun, Fun, Fun. Although we won't be home for Christmas we are going to make the most of this time together and it should be nice. Well, Happy Holidays from us.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is rough you won't be able to spend the holidays with your family but this way you don't have to choose between them and can just hang out together (your last holiday season with just the two of you!).

Heidi Green said...

We'll miss you Amy & Mike! Everyone will be here by 1:00 in the afternoon... we can't wait to hear the news!

btw - Mike is a cutie!

Mandos said...

We will miss you as well. :( Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jackie said...

That's nice that you have somewhere to go for Thanksgiving. Be safe on your drive. We sure will miss you.

tkfonzie said...

The last 18 months have went fast, bless Mikes heart for being the one to remember:). We will miss you over the holidays and will be thinking of you.

Mom in Orem said...

Didn't you just post this? and already five comments. I just can't keep up! How does everyone else get to it so fast?

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. It is not everyone who gets to go back to his mission and have Thanksgiving dinner with someone he baptized!

We love you both and will miss you this holiday season.