Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's a GIRL!!!

So our families already know, but for anyone else who may be interested we just found out that we are having a baby girl. We had the ultrasound the day before Thanksgiving which was perfect timing. I am so amazed by all they could see with an ultrasound. It makes me thankful for modern day technology that helps to detect problems while the baby is still in the womb. The technician who was running our ultrasound was getting quite frustrated because our baby would not stay still. I thought for sure that was were going to be having a boy, and a wild one at that, but no, we are having a girl that will probably keep us on our toes as well. According to our doctor everything is looking good so far, but she will take another ultrasound in 6 weeks. We have been really blessed to have gotten in with our current doctor. I had initially been visiting with her at the Ohio State "High Risk Pregnancy" facility due to our previous complications, and once she found out we were expecting she decided just to keep us as patients although everything seemed to be looking good. She has been very thorough and helpful at resolving concerns. This whole experience is pretty surreal, but we are very excited and feel so blessed. I had to post these fun pictures. I hope you can tell what they are. There is a profile shot, a picture of her arm and hand as well as her leg and foot. It's amazing!



13 comments:

Heidi Green said...

Those ultrasound pictures are very clear, aren't they fun?! Congratulations, Amy and Mike!

Jackie said...

What fun pictures! I still can't believe that you're having a girl. As far as I can see, she looks just like you. :)

Team Schiele said...

I was wrong! We are so excited. Congrats.

Mandos said...

I am soo excited for another niece!
You where able to get a perfect profile picture. I love it!

Ashley said...

Oh CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! It dawned on my yesterday as I laid in bed that I forgot to ask you about your ultrasound when we talked on the phone! I totally wanted to call you yesterday but my voice was shot - just know I was thinking about y'all!

Hopefully I'm feeling better this weekend so we can hang out - we miss y'all!

Congrats again! Girls have to be so much fun!!

tkfonzie said...

I can't decide who she looks more like, you or Mike. I think the first picture looks like you but the others a little more like Mike. It will be fun to see who she is. It is a change for the Pierce's to have a girl as a firstborn, Way to go Mike!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That's so exciting? Any name ideas? Any baby bump pics?

Monica said...

How cute! Oh she's going to be so adorable. I'm excited for you both. Sam was hoping for a boy. He's feeling a little out numbered, however he's cool with a girl.

Marnie said...

Hurray for another girl! We are so excited for you guys. I am glad you posted the pics, they are so fun to see.

Jeff & Marci said...

Hey Amy - congrats on the anctipated arrival of baby girl Sharp! That is so exciting. Sounds like life in Ohio is going well - you look so good, btw. :) Hope your holidays are magical!
-Marci Hales

Mom in Orem said...

I love reading everyone else's comments. The tongue in cheek ones are my favorite. Clear picture? Must be a nurse or doctor who wrote that.
I had to look hard for the baby in all of that other stuff. I am feeling so happy!!! Another little girl!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Yeah! A girl! Too bad I don't have any good advice for you about girls!

Miss Heather said...

Somehow I forgot to add your blog to my blogroll and I haven't read it in forever! I can't believe you're pregnant! That's so awesome!! I'm excited for you both!!