Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Friday, June 4, 2010

A Smattering!

So have you noticed that I go through posting kicks. I have all of these things that I have wanted to post about and so you get to hear about them all in a 2 day period. First off a couple of weeks ago I pulled out my sewing machine and made these cute little guys. I haven't sewn in forever and I've just had this random fabric sitting around my house and thought I could make some valances. They were so easy and really give my rooms some color. I was happy about how they turned out. I also wanted to show you all our garden. It is amazing to me that you can put a teeny tiny seed in some dirt, water it and in a month it looks like this..
These are our Mandarin oranges. Everything is doing great except for our lettuce and brocolli. I think it is just too hot. I knew it would be, but thought I'd try it anyway. I guess those will have to wait until the fall when it cools down a bit. I was amazed by this experiement. I always heard that you could take an eye of a potato, put it in the ground and it would grow. I had some potatoes that had sprouted and so I cut them up and planted them. A week later they started to bloom. I can't believe how well they are doing. I also planed the end of an onion and as you can see it is coming up as well. I need to move these around in my garden boxes, but I planted them all together because I honestly didn't know if they would really grow. As a first time gardener these are the things that make it fun. I'm sure actually "eating" these vegetables will be even better. Lastly, Emma has been walking really well for 2 weeks now and I still hadn't taken a video of her. This will have to do. Oh, she's just too cute.

7 comments:

tkfonzie said...

Your garden is looking awesome! You are right about the broccoli and lettuce, they are both cool weather crops and just fizzle when the temps turn hot:). Everything else is looking really good.
Miss Emma is really motoring! It looks like it is about time to start babyproofing:).

Jackie said...

Look at your garden! It looks awesome! Woo hoo for growing things!

Heidi Green said...

I just bought some fabric to sew some curtains too! I like having curtains on the window, it makes the room feel more finished.

Those mandarin oranges are adorable! Show us a picture when they are full grown too.

That's pretty funny about the lettuce. It was about the only thing I could get to grow really well in PC during the summer. :)

Heidi Green said...

Plus, (how could I have left this part out?) Emma IS too cute. She's doing really well!!

Mandos said...

Hurray for your garden! It looks like are turning into quite the green thumb. Way to go!
I can't belive who dang cute Emma is when I heard her say baby it made me tear up!

Monica said...

How fun! Your garden is looking good. Good job! Emma is so cute and walking like a pro.

ScoundrelLV said...

Wow Amy, your garden looks great. Emma is growing up so big. It is great all of the changes in our lives.