Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wonderful Day!


Yesterday we were able to witness a very special event. A sister that has been investigating the church here in Bakersfield was baptized. It was such a beautiful service, and as she was baptized I was reminded of what a precious gift the gospel of Jesus Christ IS. We who have been members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints our whole lives may not realize what a special gift we have. There are so many restored truths and promised blessings to those who follow the Savior. As this wonderful sister took the step to follow the Lord, it helped me to understand the importance of recommitting myself to the gospel each day.

Also, Mike had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament Meeting today and he spoke on "Obtaining the Word". Before we can share the gospel with others, and especially our children or families, we need to "obtain" the "word" ourselves. He mostly focused on the importance of scripture study, and how we can improve our study of the scriptures through prayer, marking them, setting up a scripture study schedule, and applying the scriptures to ourselves. I'm grateful for Mike's example to me in these areas. I'm grateful that we have the chance to go to church and to learn. There is always something that we can strive to become better at, and thankfully through the help of our Savior, we can.
I don't normally share such moments that are so dear to my heart because they are so special, but I was so thankful for the spirit that I felt and wanted to share that with you as well. I hope we can all take a moment to think about our relationship with the Lord and how we can each strive to make it a little bit better.

4 comments:

tkfonzie said...

What a neat opportunity:). Ty's sister's middle two kids weren't baptized at 8 so they had convert baptisms at 9 & 11. It was a very special time and the spirit had to have testified to everyone present that the church was true and Jesus is the Christ. We are lucky to have the hubbies we do and are able to worship how we may. Thanks to our ancestors!

Jackie said...

That's neat. I'm glad that you had such a great weekend. I love it when I have experiences like that that renew my faith & give me more of a drive to be better.

Heidi Green said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony Aim. It was nice to read of your experience. I can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

Monica said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony. It is always a spiritual expereince to go to a baptism. Mike wish we could have heard you talk. Sounds like a good one.