Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

This morning I was thinking about all of the things I am grateful for, so this is a gratitude post.

1. Our dog is FINALLY doing better with her potty training. Oh the joys of having her scratch at the door and actually doing her business outside instead of inside.

2. Walks to the Park- Since we've had Molly we have been truly forced to get out and go on walks more often. It has been nice to have this excuse to get outside and enjoy our mornings. (While it is still cool outside) There is a park that we will walk to and Emma loves playing on the slide. It is a fun routine for us.


3. Superman for a husband- He is such a hard worker. He is so busy at work, yet takes time to spend with us, as well as help out around the house when he can. He also is the best dad in the world. It is so much fun watching him play with Emma. She loves all the attention she gets from her Da Da.


4. Emma's Laughter- She is such a crack up, and laughs mostly at herself. (Hmm, I wonder who she gets that from?)


5. Baby Signs- We have been teaching Emma some baby signs recently, and it is so fun to see her pick them up. She can now say the signs for: Milk, More, Please, Food, Dog, and Cookie. I shouldn't have taught her the sign for cookie because now that is the ONLY thing she ever wants.:)

6. Family- We were able to visit with family in Las Vegas over the weekend. We were able to see Sara baptized, and got to watch Emma and Annadele interact. They are a funny pair of cousins. We are so excited to see all of our family in less than a month.


7. Tide and Snuggle- I love the smell of clean clothes, and especially of dryer sheets. Mmm it just makes me happy.

8. Homegrown Vegetables- Recently we have actually been able to eat the produce from our garden. It really doesn't amount to much food, but it is sure fun seeing the end product. I was able to make some zucchini bread, we've had some peas, green beans, spinach, lettuce and strawberries, and soon we will have some yummy sweet corn.

9. Nice Neighbors - Our neighbors are always so nice to help us out by watching Gracie whenever we go out of town. We also hosted an ice-cream social for our neighborhood and had an awesome turnout. It was good to get to know our neighbors better.

10. The Gospel- I'm grateful for the happiness that the principles of the gospel bring to my life and the life of my family. I'm grateful that the Lord had provided multiple ways for us to find peace, answers, help, freedom, and joy.

Just a few of my Favorite Things:)

6 comments:

tkfonzie said...

I think that you are awesome to host a neighborhood ice cream social! You would think your hubby was in the biz;-).
I love the hot pink color on Emma, it goes really well on her.
It was fun chatting this morning, see ya in a few weeks.

Heidi Green said...

ha ha - i was going to say the same thing as Kim about the ice cream social.

I also loved the comment about the cookie sign. :)

Fun post, I loved to hear about all those random, wonderful things.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a pretty good life. I love when babies sign. it's real cute.

Monica said...

I love the pictures. I also loved hearing all the things your grateful for. What wonderful things!

Jackie said...

Again, I read this right after you posted it & failed to leave a comment. Sorry. I loved this post. These are the most fun to read because they are packed with your fun little events that we don't get to see. And look at you throwing an ice cream party...you guys are awesome!

Marnie said...

I love that you are so grateful for the little things. Thanks for reminding all of us to be more thankful for what we have. I love all the pictures.