Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Friday, August 19, 2011

We're still here

So I realized that it had been awhile since I last posted, but our days just seem to melt together. We are pretty much occupied by the same things; feeding, pumping, trying to sleep, "trying" to balance a newborn and toddler, and enjoying the blessings these two kids bring to our life. Everyone keeps asking me how Viv is doing and I guess I don't think there has been too much progress because it has definitely been slow, but she really is doing so much better. We are only supplementing her a couple times a day and she is becoming better at this whole nursing thing. We think she is getting bigger, she doesn't have saggy skin anymore, but a few fat rolls instead. She continues to be a sweetheart, unless she is gassy. We have had Aunt Melodee out for a week now and she will be here for another week. It has been nice to have an extra set of hands, and someone to give Emma a little bit more attention. We are realizing more and more how easily Emma is thrown off her schedule. The littlest things can really set her off. When someone new is watching her she likes to test her limits, typical I know, but it is just very interesting. She is sure a sweetie though, all day long she will say, "I love you too", even when we haven't said I love you first.:) She is so inquisitive and loves people. When Melodee arrived she was so excited and came running back into the kitchen to "introduce" me to our new visitor, "This is my mommy!" she exclaimed. Oh, it just cracked me up that she didn't realize that we had already met.:) This post is complete rambling but oh well. Mike, Melodee, and Emma went up to the ward campout today and so I have all day with just Vivian. There are so many things that I want to get accomplished when I know that what I should be doing is catching up on some good sleep. Hopefully I can find a balance of both. It will be a nice quiet day, although I'm already missing my cute fam.

3 comments:

Heidi Green said...

I love these posts where it's just a glimpse into the everyday. Perfect! I'm glad Viv's doing better and I hear ya about the mini schedule changes making big impacts... my first two were the same way. Love ya Aim!

tkfonzie said...

That is so cute that she introduced you to Melodee...she is getting so precocious:).
It is great to hear that Vivi is doing better, hopefully you can find a groove that works for you.

Jackie said...

I hope you had a relaxing and restful day while they were at the campout, you deserve it!