Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Marian...Madam Librarian!

So according to my sister Jackie, I needed to post about this.:) I tend to be the type of person who likes to stay on the sidelines and not "toot my own horn" as they say, but I also realize that I need to be more confident and assertive because my self-deprecating behavior is more obnoxious than gracious. So, that being said, I tried out for the Music Man and got the part of Marian. I have been asked if I am excited and I would have to say I have a huge range of emotions, and excited is in there somewhere.:) I am excited to have an opportunity to get to know new people, sing, perform, and mostly have an outlet where I can feel like there is a place where I can develop and share my talents. I really haven't had an opportunity like this for a very long time so I am grateful for it. I am grateful for my husband who pushed me to do it and has been so supportive and patient with my crazy worries. I MISS MY FAMILY ALREADY!!! I can't imagine being away from my children so much. I have wanted to participate in a play for so long, but I just felt like now that I have a family that is not in the cards. Well, thankfully our Stake puts on productions every 3 years, and they will hopefully be very supportive of all of our family situations. It is a big time commitment. We practice 3 times a week for the next 3 months and then there will be like 8 performances. I guess they put on a pretty professional show so that will be exciting. I've definitely had my concerns and although it will be super awkward playing opposite someone who isn't my husband, they are sure going out of their way to make it as comfortable as possible. I have also not been in a show for so long it is a little intimidating to be in one, and have the female lead role. Hopefully this will be a good experience for me and will force me to regain my confidence. So, if anyone is looking for a great pre-summer vacation we will be performing the last weekend in April and the first week in May. :) (How'd ya like that subtle hinting)

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Lou you were born to play Marion :)

Jackie said...

I'm so excited for you!!!

Mandos said...

YOu will be perfect as Marion! So excited for you! Good luck!!!

tkfonzie said...

That is SO exciting Amy! Mom told me about your concerns, and I would Totally share them:)). You will be AWESOME! What a great opportunity to get 'back in the game' ;).

Marlo said...

I'm so excited for you Amy!!! you will do awesome!!! I'd be happy to help out with your kids anytime you guys need me too, (that includes some date nights also, my kids love to have Emma over and they would reallly love to have Viv over too!) can't wait to see the play in a few months! ☺

Marlo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ScoundrelLV said...

Amy you are a perfect Marion. What a great opportunity for you. So excited. Now we will have to start planning a trip to see you.

Heidi Green said...

Congrats!!! You'll be fabulous! I love you madly, madly my dear sister - have fun, you deserve some "me" time. :)

annathanp said...

That will be so fun for you! It's good for mom to have a little time out for her own activities. I loved dancing 2 or 3 days each week. Mike will have fun with the girls and you get to develop and share your talents.

Kathrin was watching that musical just this week. If we can't come see it, hopefully, you'll have a video to share with all of us. Good Luck!

Monica said...

Oh, that is sooo cool! I didn't know you did plays. You have a great voice and will be great as marian. I wish we could come and see you. I love that play and it would be fun to see you in it.