Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Shark and Sleep Deprived Kids

So I know it has been forever since I've posted, but up until the past week there really wasn't a whole lot going on.  Our biggest news and excitement has been the purchase of this little baby.  Our vacuum (which we spent like 50 bucks on) finally died and it was past time to get a new one.  I never realized how many different vacuums are out there and all with glowing reviews from some and terrible reviews from others.  It made the process of finding a good, yet reasonable vacuum somewhat frustrating.  After weighing the pros and cons we decided to by this Shark vacuum.  So far it has been wonderful.  According to Mike, whoever designed it did it in a very smart way.  Everything is so easy to access, and it is super good at sucking things up.  I have been loving it so much that I have been wanting to clean just so I can us it!  Oh, it has been lovely having clean carpet.  So yeah for the Shark!

For the past week or so Emma has been having a hard time sleeping.  She doesn't want to go to bed at night and has been waking up at 6:00.  She also does not want to be taking her naps.  She seriously just plays in her room for 2 hours.  I keep thinking that she HAS to be TIRED!!  I am not about to consider the possibility that she is just growing out of her naps.  Argh that sounds terrible!  Both she and I need her naps.:)  Also, Vivian has been having a rough few days as well.  She cut her first tooth, got her 6 month shots and developed a cold all within 3 days so she has been pretty miserable.  Because of this she has also not been sleeping.  She maybe gets 2 hours of sleep ALL DAY LONG!!  I don't know what to do and it is getting really frustrating.  Poor Vivian just wants to play or be held and she is not one to be "rocked" to sleep by mommy.  Hopefully I'll figure it out soon.  So at Viv's appointment she is doing pretty well.  She is almost 15 pounds and is a little behind on some of her milestones, such as sitting up by herself, but that is to be expected since she was born 5 weeks early.  She is getting stronger each day, and loves to "roll" herself all over the house. 

3 comments:

Heidi Green said...

I was taken aback when I read that Viv was born 5 weeks early... I knew that but I guess I forgot. I'm sorry about the lack of sleep. I am totally with ya gal - I needed my naps just as much as the kids when they were little (and every once in a while still). If Emma truly does give up her naps you can rely on the trusty television to entertain her while you catch some rest. ;)

And, your title totally made me laugh for a bit. When I first read it I was thinking, "I get why her kids might be sleep deprived but how can they be shark deprived? Did they just go to an aquariam and fall in love with the sharks or something?" Yeah, blonde moment going on.

tkfonzie said...

I am sorry that everyone is lacking in the sleep department...no fun:(.
It was great to have an update...I wish I had something interesting to blog about:)).

Mandos said...

I think all of my kids grew out of naps at Emma's age. Althought they still needed them they would never fall asleep. I resorted to quite time. not as good as a nap. But helped both me and the grils get that break we both needed.