Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Miracles

So this past week has been an emotional, physical, and spiritual ride for me. I have continued to battle this cold. Luckily it hasn't been too full blown like Mike has had, but it has been lingering just enough to bring me concern. There were a couple performances where I was sure they would have to have someone sing behind stage for me because my voice was so scratchy. I know that there have been many prayers in my behalf, no more than my own and the Lord has truly helped me the whole way. There were specific songs that I knew I would have been unable to sing without the help of my Father in Heaven. These experiences have truly been faith promoting. So we are 3 performances down and I have 4 to go. I am so anxious to be finished. I think if I didn't have to worry every night about whether or not I would be able to sing that I might relax a little, but then again probably not because I would still HAVE to sing 4 solos and that is still a lot of pressure!:)
I received a WONDERFUL surprise on Thursday. I was excited for my Dad and Dorothy to come out to support me in the show, but when I opened the door for them on Thursday I saw my mom standing there. I had no idea she was going to be coming out and I sure shed a few tears. I know it was really hard for her in many ways to make the trip, but it meant so much to me to have her there. Wow, I am getting teary as I right about it. Good Times. I has been nice for the girls to see their grandparents. I was gone most of the weekend, but the kids were able to spend some time so that was good. Now we can't wait for Grandma Ann, Aunts Melodee and Merilee, and Annadele and Alex to come out this week. It's always nice to see family, and we need to hear all the news from Melodee about her time in China for Matt's wedding. Crazy stuff! Lastly I have to say what an amazing husband I have. I would not be able to do any of the things I've been able too lately without his help and support. He has been so patient and,even though he has been sick himself, he has gone above and beyond to help out with the girls so I can get some rest. We are so excited to get back to a little bit of normalcy in the next few weeks. In a couple weeks we are going to spend our 5 year anniversary at the Temple and Disneyland. Two of the happiest places on earth. (Not that I can compare the two, but Disneyland will be fun.) Couldn't think of better places or people to spend our time with.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

As I've said before, you looked gorgeous! I'm so glad that everything worked out okay. And a million cheers for mom coming out & surprising you.

tkfonzie said...

I agree with Jackie...you just look beautiful in all of the pictures and even with a scratchy voice, I am sure you sounded as good as you looked:). I am so glad that mom was able to be there for you and your family. Love ya Aim!

Mandos said...

So happy that your mom surprised you! What a wonderful gift.
I wish I could have gone with my mom to see you this week! I bet your fantastic cold and all! :) Good luck with the rest of your performances.

Heidi Green said...

Beautiful!!! I am SO glad you had them come out for opening weekend. Good luck on closing weekend!!

Monica said...

Ohh how neat that so many family was able to come. Especially your mom. I wish I could have come to see. I would love to see you perform. If you have a video recording you'll have to bring it next time your in town. How neat that you can all take some family time at the temple and Disneyland. Happy Anniversary!