Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Missing in Action

So I realize that I have truly been missing in action lately.  Mike asked me the other day if I was ever going to blog again so I know I am past due for a new post.  I guess since we were just out in Utah that all our family are aware of what we were up too, but it is always good to have updates and pictures so here we go.

My grandmother Myrtle Anderson passed away a few weeks ago and although we miss her and I kept catching myself thinking that I needed to make sure to go and visit her while I was in Utah, it truly was a blessing for her not to be in so much pain and stress anymore.  It was amazing how quickly everything transpired.  I was so grateful that I was able to come home and be with family during that time.  It all worked out that we were able to be there while Mike was away on business, that way we could be with family instead of home by ourselves.  We enjoyed seeing both sides of our family.  Vivian continues to get sick every time we come out, but is luckily she is feeling better.  I took her a good week and a half before she had her appetite back.  Poor girl.  She is also getting some molars, so that may have had something to do with her poor mood.  I'm sure traveling and being away from home tdidn't help either.  I could tell she, as well as the rest of us, we so glad to be back in our own bed. 

Since we've been home I have been busy with getting the house put back together and getting back into the swing of things, as well as preparing for Christmas.  We sure can't wait for the holidays!  Emma has decided that she wants EVERYTHING she sees in any catalog.  I remember that I was the same way.  Luckily she's not old enough to be too dissapointed when she doesn't get EVERYTHING that she wants.  We sure love these kids of ours.  Vivian is almost 18 months and the nursery leader let her come in to nursery for the first time this past Sunday.  She did really well.  Emma has been transistioning into Primary as well.  I have been subbing and it has been so bittersweet seeing her sit there with the rest of her Pre-Sunbeams.  I can't believe my baby is getting so big.  :(  




 







5 comments:

tkfonzie said...

I am glad that you were able to get a couple of pictures with Grandpa Cleon, he is looking so frail. Halloween looks like it was fun...how did you swing that when you were here?

Unknown said...

Poor Vivian! That's rough getting sick every time you guys come here! I hope she stays healthy next time. I can't believe she is already almost ready for nursery...that means Avynlee isn't far behind. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Your cute girls look like they had a fun Hallowen!

Heidi Green said...

Is that tree in your backyard? It's grown a lot!!
Owen saw the pic and said, "Is that Emma climbing a big, huge tree?! Wow."
Cute Halloween pics! Were they with the Sharps?
Boy, Grandpa has lost a lot of weight. :(

Amy and Mike said...

Heidi the tree was actually in Mom's backyard. Fun photo eh?

Monica said...

Love the new post. You are much better than me at blogging. Love the pictures.