Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Changes

So with the news that we would have a special houseguest staying with us for an extended period of time, (Yay, for Aunt Melodee to come and live with us!!! ) I have been anxiously trying to get things rearranged so that she will have her own "space".  We have a spare bedroom downstairs that I had been using as the girls' playroom.  As soon as preschool ended I took everything down and moved it upstairs to our "loft".  It is a little crowded but eventually I will get everything organized.  We have been really fortunate up until this point that we have not had to put the girls' toys in their rooms.  Emma in particular had a very difficult time falling asleep when she has distractions around her, so her room has remained pretty bare.  It's coming together though and will be nice for the girls to have their toys upstairs. I also transitioned Vivian into a toddler bed yesterday.  She has been able to climb out of her crib and so I figured it was time.  It was so bitter sweet for me.  I was truly emotional as I took apart the crib.  We moved it to another room for future use.  (No that was not an announcement):)  Anyway, I knew it would be a struggle for her since she loves her crib, but she has done better than I thought.  Last night she cried herself to sleep in front of the door.  I had to move her to her bed, but she went down "super" easy for her nap, so I think she will be o.k.  Emma was the most emotional about it.  It was so funny.  When she saw that I moved the crib out she just started to cry, "Now Vivi will be able to get out of her bed and play with her toys like ME!@!!!"  She was really upset about that for some reason.  Oh, funny kids.  Anyway, I am also in the process of painting Aunt Melodee's room and we are trying to figure out what to do about a bed.  We have been "needing" to get a new bed for ourselves pretty much since we got married.  6 years and 2 kids later we are still sleeping on a full sized bed.  So this is a perfect opportunity to upgrade, the problem is that if we upgrade we want to truly "upgrade" and that requires spending more money than we are prepared to at this time.  So we either splurge now, or just get another twin bed for Melodee that our kids will end up eventually using.  Anyway you look at it we will use this other bed, but I sure would like to see that new bed for us.  :)  Any suggestions?  We've sure done a lot of research and we really want a nice "all latex" mattress.  I like soft, Mike likes hard, and that is the only mattress that we have found that will last us a long time and fits both our needs.  Unfortunately they are also some of the most expensive mattresses you can buy.  Yikes.  Anyway, we are sure excited for all the fun changes coming our way. 

They were having a tea party and then made a choo choo train with the chairs.  Vivians room minus the crib.

 Here is our new loft/playroom.  It is a little crazy and over stimulating, but I'll get it figured out at some point. 

5 comments:

tkfonzie said...

Cute girls all around. Good luck on the bed hunt. The sleep number has worked well for us, but I know a lot of people like the 'foamy' mattresses:).

Amy and Mike said...

We've heard negative things about memory foam, sagging, hot, etc., but the latex doesn't have the same issues.

Amy and Mike said...

We've heard negative things about memory foam, sagging, hot, etc., but the latex doesn't have the same issues.

Mom in Orem said...

I read all your posts and watched the videos and doted over the pictures. So fun to "see" my grandchildren and "hear" your voice. It has been too long since I have visited. Love you all soooooo much!

Heidi Green said...

I loved the "that's not an announcement" comment. lol

I love the toy room change... it's nice to rearrange things once in a while. And, can ANY toy room not be overstimulating? ;-)

I want to hear what you decide about the bed... bed shopping is so hard!! We got a new mattress last year and it was because when we stayed at a friends house in Zions I loved their mattress so I peeked under the sheets to find out what it was. It was so nice to sleep on it for an entire week so I was SURE that I liked it. I wish it was easier to try them out longer than 5 min in the store.