Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sytycd

It was such a fun experience being able to go to a live showing of sytycd.  I wish you all could have come with me.  It was definitely a different experience, and while it was fun it make me grateful that I don't live in LA, it is just not my scene.  So I was able to get a couple of friends from my ward to come with me, and some wonderful young women watched my girls during the day at no cost.  They were doing me a service they said.  we got down there in plenty of time.  I thought if we got there early a would get a better chance at a ticket/seat.  Well we ended up being 20th in line.  My sister in law Merilee was able to come from Vegas and meet us.  Unfortunately after making the long drive she was so tired.  After some miscommunications a ended up standing in the sunny line for an hour longer than we could have.  Too long of a story there.  Anyway, we finally made it in and were placed right behind the main camera.  Urgh, it was a little frustrating because there wad a bar and a camera right in our line OS vision.  Luckily everyone was standing fit the dances so we were in luck.  It was interesting to see what happens during commercial breaks.  Cat gets her hair fixed and just chats with the crowd.  There is someone there to tell you how to clap and when, and pretty much fills the time during commercials.  We could see the judges and it was a lot of fun just being there.  I was very surprised by the size of the theater.  It was pretty small, I think it is where they film the price is right a well, do that gives you an idea.  It was great for us because you can see the dances really well.  After the show we went to the cheesecake factory for dinner.  It ended up being a very long but fun day. 

So the funny highlight of my day wad when we first went to get in line and I had to go to the bathroom.  The closest one I could find was at this marketplace on the corner.  It was a very organic place with a juice bar, etc.  you get the picture.  Anyway, they had one bathroom in which you had to get a code to enter.  If the code didn't work the bathroom was occupied.  So I punched in the code, opened the door and I walked in on this guy. Not just any guy, but the actor who played Marshall on Alias.  I had recently become obsessed with the show and he was my favorite character.  Anyway, he apologized for not locking the door and I waited embarressedly for my turn.  When he came out he came over and apologized again at which point, trying to be cool about everything, I proceed to tell him hire much I enjoyed his show.  Haha, yeah, weirdo groupie.  He was So nice, introduced himself and carried on a 5 minute conversation with me.  It was too crazy.  This is all while my friend is waiting for me outside.  She wondered what took me so long while I wasn't going to the bathroom. :-)

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I wish that I could have come!!! And I still can't believe your bathroom story...hilarious!

tkfonzie said...

Ditto Jack's comment...now I have to go google this guy to see who he is:).
I am glad you were able to get some other gals to go with you and sorry that it was crazy getting seats and hard to see from begind the camera...lucky everyone stood:).

Anonymous said...

I wish we could've all come with you too!! I am SO glad you were able to go and love your bathroom intrusion story, lol. What's the picture on the bottom of the guy in the car?

Amy and Mike said...

Oh, so it's Nigel!