Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Albert Pujols, Arctic Glaciers, Kentucky, and No Bats

My wife is the best wife in the whole world!!! Not only did she decide to get a cat (which she loves), but she agreed to go see a baseball game with me (something she has been dreading). Yesterday we headed down to Cincinnati and it was a lot of fun (sorry there are no pictures our camera's batteries died). It only ended up being an hour and a half away. We first went to the Museum of Natural History. And although I think we both agree that we would rather see live animals than prehistoric bones from animals, it was really interesting. They have a full size cave and arctic glacier replica. They are supposed to have live bats in their cave, but we didn't see any. After the museum we were on our way to the stadium to see my favorite team the St. Louis Cardinals play the Reds, we got a little lost and ended up in Kentucky. It was OK though, because now I can say that I have been in 18 states. The baseball game was way sweet. Albert Pujols hit two home runs and the Cardinals won easily. I think that even Amy enjoyed herself.

6 comments:

Team Schiele said...

Sounds like a great day! I am glad the two of you are having fun!

Marques said...

Too bad there was no Jr. for the Reds. Oh, and did I mention that Omar Vizquel, not Ozzie Smith, is the greatest shortstop to EVER play the game!? (I would know, too). :)

Mandos said...

18 states! Thats great. I think I have been to four?

Marnie said...

You two do so many fun things! Glad you both had a good time.

tkfonzie said...

You do have an AWESOME wife Mike! I am glad you got her to a baseball game, watching in person is alot more fun than on T.V.
You guys are such the U.S. travelers :).

Mom in Orem said...

You may not have seen live bats but you certainly saw a lot of bats!

Continue to enjoy this time!

And Amy, I am very disappointed about Harry Potter too.