Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Utterly Dissapointed



So I just have to vent for a sec. I just found out that the movie Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince has changed it's release date from November of this year to July of 2009. What!!!! For those of you who are avid Harry Potter fans this may be as much of a let down to you as it was for me. (By the way Mike does not support this post:) I guess Warner Brothers wanted to release the film during the summer months in order to make more money. I'm sure they would make plenty of money as it is if it were released in November. It wouldn't be as unfortunate except for the fact that they already posted their release date and got my hopes up. Oh well. I'm sure it won't be as good as the book, which was my favorite of the series. I guess that gives me one more thing to look forward too (or wait for). So that is the end of my rant. I guess it's time for me to move on and not be so obsessed.:)

7 comments:

Jackie said...

I liked that book too. It will be interesting to see how the movie is.

Mandos said...

What! I was looking for word to seeing in Nov as well. What a let down. :(

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I read about that yesterday. But the good news is that the movie Twilight's release date just got bumped up to that same weekend in November instead of its original December date. I personally didn't like Harry Potter #5 movie, it was so different than the book. I hate when they do that! But I am a huge Harry Potter and can't wait to see it next summer! Hang in there!

tkfonzie said...

I agree, The only reason they moved it to the summer was they didn't have a "blockbuster" to open for them and they didn't want to miss out on the $$$.

Summer said...

Ha ha- I had no idea about this film, but you were so persuasive, I'm disappointed now, too! ;)

Zach came home with the best of intentions and a list of more blogs to read,(my kids are starting to think their mom has a computer keyboard growing out of her fingers) so I figured I should at least attempt to be sociable and pay a visit. But I'm glad I did, now. I like your writing, and I'm a sucker for cats...

I'm not sure if we've met- I've only been to one school gathering. So.... nice to meet you!

Unknown said...

Sorry, I'm not responding to this post (although I am a Potter fan), I'm responding to your response. Do you remember when we played games at Chad's house and Chad spoiled Adam's idea?...not that Adam was definitely going to propose that way but still. I thought he was rather sweet. Also, it caught me off guard...not an easy task when I've been expecting this for about 2 years. I'm real excited though!

Marques said...

My wife told me about this and I was on the verge of tears.

And tell Mike he's a loser for me.