Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cute Kids




So I have to gush a little bit about the cute little ones in my life right now. Now that I am no longer working with toddlers, but with 3 year olds, my work days are definitely a lot less stressful and the kids are sure cute. I just wanted to post a few pictures of the kids in my class. It is always nice to walk into work and hear 5 kids yelling "Miss Amy, Miss Amy". They really help to start the day off right. It isn't perfect all of the time, but they sure have their moments when they tug at your heart. One of my favorite little girls just left to go to a different "center". I am really going to miss her. I hope she does well at her new school. A new school year is starting and so we are getting a few new students as well. There is always a transition time for student and teachers and we are getting a couple younger students from the toddler class. It is amazing to see the difference in the students who have been in our class for a few months compared to those who are just coming in. This new little girl has no desire to sit during circle time, or follow many directions. She is presenting an interesting challenge for us, but I'm sure she'll get the hang of it. She's still pretty young as well. I'm also enjoying my co-workers a lot more. I've finally gotten to the point where I feel more comfortable being myself around them and they basically know what I'm all about. I felt a little unsure how to fit in at first because I was new to the state, and just had different ways of doing things since I am from Utah and am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but it has been a great learning opportunity for me and I've had some great opportunities to share the gospel with my co-workers. The Lord definitely has some wonderful things planned for us here in Ohio.

The other cutie in our lives right now is our CAT!!! She is so adorable. I guess our lives pretty much revolve around her right now. She is such a novelty.:) Gracie loves to sleep with us at night and play during the day. It's sad that we are gone so much because she gets so bored, but Mike has come up with some homemade cat toys which she loves to play with. She also just loves to sit and look out the window. I'm guessing the birds are pretty interesting. She gets sad that she can't go outside, but for her own safety we want to keep her inside. Hopefully she'll get used to it soon. Gracie and our hamster Deb are the best of friends. Gracie is facinated by Deb in her little ball. Deb loves to run full speed in to Gracie. Of course we don't let them play unsupervised.:) So that is our fun life for this week. Life is going well and we are truly being blessed.




8 comments:

tkfonzie said...

Your students are so cute and the pictures of Deb and Gracie playing are SO FUNNY! It doesn't take long for them to be such a part of your family that you can't remember what it was like before you had them. I am so glad that you have found your groove at school, it makes it so much easier to go to work if you aren't dreading every moment.( I am sure that being greeted by a chorus of 'Miss Amys' doesn't hurt either!)

Jackie said...

I love that Deb & Gracie play together! That is hilarious! It sounds like they really are the center of your lives right now. I heard that you are going to Keaton & Cindy's competition in Tennessee. Woo hoo! That's awesome. Look at you & all of your fun adventures! I wish we could come too, that would be a blast!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Love your little cat! I had to laugh at one of your precious posts cause your wrote, ...it's a girl! I was all like,"WHAT!? HOW COULD I MISS THAT>!" I laughed soo hard as I kept reading at it referred to your kitten instead of a baby! ha ah a nice one! Here were live close to you and I was fooled by your post! HA HA!

Marnie said...

Amy, your students are so cute. I am glad you are enjoying them, and how could they not enjoy you! I love the pictures of your pets. Did Mike hear about big brothers yet? They called me last week for a recomendation so I wanted to know if they got back to him yet.

Unknown said...

Those little students are adorable!

Mom in Orem said...

Look at you! The pictures of your students is so fun to see and Gracy is beautiful. GiGi will be so pleased!!!!

I just LOVE blogs because I get to have a little taste of your lives even though you are thousands of miles away.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Thanks again for watching Ethan so JOn and I could attend the temple! Ethan cried all the way home cause he wanted to stay and play with Mike and Amy! haahah! He loved you guys!!!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

LOVE the new look of your blog!