Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year



We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday and a Happy New Year. We had a wonderful Christmas and it was so nice to be able to spend it together. On Christmas Eve we had some friends over as well as a couple single gentlemen from our ward. We had a wonderful dinner. It might have been a little too wonderful because we ate way too much. We then sang Christmas songs, read Luke 2, and played a game. It was so nice to have friends to share our Christmas Eve with.

Since we stayed in Ohio for Christmas we unfortunately weren't able to spend the holidays with our families, but we were blessed with peace and happiness under the circumstances. We were able to talk to our families on Christmas Day, and we were even able to talk to both Melodee and Matt who are Mike's siblings serving missions. Christmas day was pretty laid back. We woke up at 6:00, opened our presents, had breakfast, and just enjoyed being together and talking with family for the rest of the day. I have already bragged about this to our families, but my favorite present was the Christmas picture book that Mike made for me. It was so creative and very unexpected. It was a story about our cats' quest to find us a Christmas present. It seems like the gifts that come from the heart are the ones we treasure the most.

Mike has had the past month off of school and so we have had a lot of time to spend together which has been great. Once school starts time will get crazy again so we will take the time together while it lasts. Tonight for New Years we are going to some friends for some Fondue and Fun. It should be a great time. That's about it for us. Take Care everyone!!

7 comments:

tkfonzie said...

I was looking forward to seeing pictures of this book, I am disappointed :-(.
I am glad that you had a great Christmas and it is a neat idea to invite the single brothers from your Ward. I am very touched with your love for others, it is what Christmas is all about.

Adam said...

I would also like to see this book. Is Mike a dual threat? Author and illustrator?

Mandos said...

I love skype! It was so fun to see you guess on Christmas.

Brooke said...

It sounds like you had a memorable Christmas-- it's funny because we did something similar. And we totally woke up early to open our gifts.

Jackie said...

I'm glad that you guys had a fun Christmas. I know I've said this like a million times but I am still so impressed by Mike's book. That was awesome! And I love how you have stockings for your cat and hamster...you guys are awesome!

Team Schiele said...

I am so glad that the two of you are taking such good care of each other, and the 2.5 'babies' in your home. It makes having you so far away bareble.

Monica said...

It was good to talk to ya both on Christmas. I'm glad you had fun and found comfort with freinds. We missed you.