Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Latest Hair Styling Techniques

I just had to share a fun story from my class yesterday. There a couple girls in my class that LOVE to play with hair. They will grab any plastic utensil they can find, preferably forks or "dingle hoppers" from the play food area and use it has a brush. I normally have a lot of fun with this process unless they begin to fight over who gets to tug on my hair, but yesterday was a unique experience. I had one child on the left side of my head and another on the right. I was preoccupied with building a marble tower with some other children that I had not been paying close attention to the styling techniques of one of the children doing my hair. I had slightly noticed my hair getting a little moist around my face and as I looked back I saw why. The little girl was wetting her finger tip with her mouth and using her spit to smooth my hair into place. After I got over the yuck factor I decided that it was pretty funny. I wonder if that is something her mother does while fixing her hair? I eventually had to offer her an alternative suggestion. Oh the joys of child care.

(P.S. If you can't tell this boy is enjoying a nice relaxing day at the salon.)


9 comments:

Jackie said...

That's funny. I'm sure her mom does that to her to. Those kids look really cute.

Heidi Green said...

So cute. Do they call the fork a dingle hopper? Oh, and I forgot you are a germaphobe. I'm proud of you for letting them do that to you. :-)

Team Schiele said...

I am sure your stylist made you beutiful!

Marnie said...

So, I guess I should be thankful that Kortnie uses the spray bottle! Lots of fun!

Mandos said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing!

tkfonzie said...

How Funny! I love that you are getting into all of these fun girlie things, It will be good practice for you in the future:). You have a very patient boy in the 'beauty chair' ;-).

Tina said...

That's cute. How funny that you didn't notice what was going on. I'd admit, it would give me a bit of the shivers. Good job being so brave.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

That is hilarious!!!!! I think that I would be totally grossed out if another child(other than mine) was using their spit to fix my hair! You are a better women than I girl! I think that I might even be grossed out by my child doing that! ha ha
Loved the story!

Monica said...

O.k so I'm commenting on the past 3 post since it's been a while. Amy you are so sweet. I love hearing all the wonderful things about my brother from your perspective. He is lucky to have you as his wife. Also I think you are going to be an awesome mom. When it's your own children's spit it wont bother you as much.