Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lazy Day

So yesterday was my day off and I was very lucky that it was because we had some pretty bad weather conditions. Mike and I don't mind the snow that much, but here in Ohio we get this stuff called "freezing rain" and it's exactly what it sounds like. By morning the ground was covered in a thick blanket of ice. Fortunately for Mike the University was closed as well so he didn't have to drive on the ice rink. We ended up having a very lazy day. Mike was pretty ambitious and worked on as much homework as he could at home, but I just read "Twilight" all day. I haven't read a new book in a long time, and although I haven't had a huge desire to read the Twilight series my curiosity got the better of me. The only problem when I start a book, or anything for that matter, is that I like to finish it. So, pages turned into chapters, which turned in to the whole book. It was entertaining enough. I had already seen the movie and so nothing was a big surprise. Perhaps the other books will be better in that regard. We did manage to get a little bit of laundry and dishes done, and then we made our bi-weekly trip to Walmart. It is pretty depressing but we are literally there at least once or twice a week. It's a hapnin place let me tell you. So, regardless of the crazy weather we were able to have a nice day just relaxing and taking it easy. (By the end of the day Mike was reading to us from the scriptures about being too "idle".) I guess we were reaching that point.:)

6 comments:

tkfonzie said...

They said on the news that there were places in the Ohio Valley that wouldn't have power restored until the middle of February; crazy weather. Our Bishop used to live in Iowa and he said the Ice Storms could shut things down for days at a time. I am glad that you are all safe, becareful walking on the ice!

Mandos said...

I love lazy days! I'm the same way with a book once I start one I can't but it down!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Lazy days are great aren't they! Too bad Jon is doing independant study and he doesn't get snow days off the rest of the school! He went to school that day and I was worried sick the whole time he was driving, he made it home safely though! The freezing rain is like nothing that I have ever seen before and it's such a pain to get off cars!
So, we do need to hang out! i keep seeing your movies in our closet and thinking..we need to return those before next year! ha ha! We haven't really hung out alot with friends cause I have been sick for more than one reason now you know why( he heee). Soo excited for baby #2!!! We are grateful that we can have another child!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Oh! Jon's sister is visiting for the next 2 weeks so some time after that would be great to see you guys! I find out in 8 weeks if I am having a girl or boy! YEAH!!!!

Monica said...

I loved the twilight Saga. I was like you and wasn't interested. Then I watched the movie. I was hooked. The first book is a lot like the movie. The other three are good too. I read all 4 in less than a month. I couldn't wait to finish. I don't read books all that often because I also have a hard time putting them down. I have to much to do to read books all the time, so it was a fun time for me to read.

Team Schiele said...

We are glad you are safe. Enjoy a lazy day, balance is important.