Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Friday, May 15, 2009

Emma at 6 weeks

So yesterday we took Emma to the doctor for her routine checkup. She is now 6 weeks old and we were anxious to see how much weight she has gained. When she was born she weighed 5lbs 2 oz. and now she weighs 7 lbs 12 oz. She is getting so big. I can't believe she is almost 8 lbs now. The doctor said she is looking great and is really strong. I can't wait for her to start smiling at us and being more active. I can't complain too much about her activity level, a couple nights ago she slept for 6 hours straight. I was a little nervous when I woke up and realized that she hadn't woken up yet, but she was just sound asleep. I guess she needed her beauty rest.

I thought this picture with Gracie and Emma was pretty funny. My mom would freak out, but Grace has been so good with Emma. She usually just ignores her, and is really patient with her crying. We are really lucky in that department. Also, Mike wanted me to stop putting so many pictures of him on here so there is a picture of she and I so that you can see she spends some time with her mom as well.:)


7 comments:

Monica said...

Wow! She is growing fast. Love the pictures.

Heidi Green said...

Cute! I love how big the cat is compared to Emma. How many #'s does Grace weigh? ;-)

Mandos said...

It's good to hear that little Emma is growing! I love the pics with the cat.

Team Schiele said...

Looks like you have a lap full of love! Lucky lady. Enjoy.

tkfonzie said...

It is weird Aim, but in the last pictures you have a very Pierce-like look:).

Jackie said...

It's a good thing mom can't see these pictures or she really would have a cow. I want to hold that little girl, I can't wait!

Maria said...

So sweet and Amy you look GREAT!