Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!



So Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there and all of you women who are nurturers to others around you. It was an interesting first mothers day for me. First off, Mike was so sweet and mulched our flower bed and bought me a hanging flower pot. He also made me a delicious cake. Thanks hun. My brother Daniel also stopped by on his way back home from taking a load to Pennsylvania. It was so good to see him, and it will be wonderful to see the rest of our families in a little over a month. Yeah!!! I can't believe it has been a year already, good thing times moves quickly.
We ended up taking Emma to the full block of church and I was a little overwhelmed at first. She ended up sleeping the whole time which was a blessing, but I think I just really stressed out trying to prepare for what "could" happen while at church. She isn't nursing very well, and yet I felt bad just bringing a bottle. I also tried to plan her eating and sleeping schedule so that it would work out perfectly. As usual it isn't as easy as I think it is going to be to make Emma work around US.:) Luckily everything turned out just fine, but poor Mike had to deal with my crazy meltdown. I definitely have such a new perspective on parents and especially mothers with a lot of kids at church. I know I don't fully understand yet just having one child and an infant at that, but to try and get your whole family ready to go, fulfill your callings and keep your kid happy and not running around is quite the feet. I am amazed at all of you wonderful mothers who can manage it.

I had to post some pictures of Emma with her Dad. I know I have posted a lot of the two of them, Mike is just her favorite person to be with and she loves to cuddle with him. I have some competition in that department now.:) So although I am finding out ways to adjust to this new little addition we are just loving having her in our home, she brings us such joy.


4 comments:

Heidi Green said...

Your tulips and hanging basket are beautiful. Happy mother's day to you too. I hear ya on the perspective thing. Walk a mile in somebody's else's moccasins kind-of a deal, right? I'm glad you got to see Daniel, that's fun. I can't wait till we can all get together. I hope Emma still has her yummy new baby smell when I get to hold her. :-)

Jackie said...

Your tulips are so pretty. I really like the white ones. And how cute is that picture of Emma sleeping with Mike. So cute.

I didn't know that Dan stopped by to see you. How fun.

tkfonzie said...

How cool that you have your own space to garden; most apartments don't have that. I love the picture of Emma snuggled in while Mike is using the phone; she looked fairly comfy, you might have to start jocking for first position:).

Monica said...

Ohhh, Emma is so comfy with dad. What a good dad you are Mike. Yup, it is an adjustment to go anywhere with a baby. I remember my first few times with sam. It took me about 3hrs to prepare to go to church. It gets better.