Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Monday, October 12, 2009

Life in Bakersfield


So this is the face that we are so lucky to see everyday. Emma has been sticking her tongue out a ton everyday. She does it when she is happy. It is pretty funny to see her like that. This picture just cracks me up. So we are doing really well here in California. Mike started his new job this week and is enjoying it so far. He really likes the people on his team. This is such a blessing since he works with them all day long. They are really positive about each other and so it makes working with them a pleasure. He is mostly "shadowing" in order to become familiar with everything that is going on, but he's been able to help out quite a bit as well and they are really happy to have him there. They have a lot of pressure on them right now to finish with a project and with Mike's help it will take them a lot less time. So we made a couple BIG purchases this past weekend. Sears was having a Columbus Day sale and so we got a good deal on a washer and dryer as well as a fridge. We probably should have waited until we closed on our house, but I wanted to get the sale price. So we are crossing our fingers that everything works out with our house. They bumped up our closing date to October 23rd which is exciting. Our loan officer is going to Jamaica for 2 weeks and is really working hard to have us close by the 23rd. We'll see. We won't officially be living in our new home until Mike gets back from Columbus where he will defend his thesis. Luckily we have temporary housing until November 13th and so we can move in slowly. So we are finally getting more settled her in Bakersfield.

10 comments:

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

So your blog is private now! Thanks for the invite! Ohhh look at that cute Emma of yours! Love that happy faced girl! I still need to email you that sweet picture of her in Lynsi's boppy pillow! I will do that sometime soon! :)

Glad to hear that Mike is enjoying his new job. WOW! A washer and dryer are big purchases along with a fridge..but certainly necessities! :)
We miss you guys but are glad to hear that you are having fun in CA!

tkfonzie said...

Love the look that Gracie is giving Emma...it makes you wonder what she(gracie) is thinking:). Yea for a new fridge and Washer/Dryer, before long you will be all moved in and decorating up a storm!

Marnie said...

Emma is getting so big and looks so cute. I am glad that you guys are getting settled. I will keep my fingers crossed that you can close on the 23rd!

Jackie said...

I LOVE that picture! Too funny!

Mandos said...

Glad to hear everything is going well! Emma is such a cutie!! She is getting so big!

Monica said...

Love the pictures. I'm so greatful for Mikes job. I'm glad he gets along with the people he works with, and is already helping out. I'm sure that feels good. Good luck Mike on defending your Thesis. I hope you all can move on the 23rd.

Mom in Orem said...

I love the picture! They're all so cute but this one is precious!

Love all of you!

Heidi Green said...

How did I not comment on this cute post of Emma with her tongue sticking out?! Super cute.

It's fun to hear the little details of your new life. Can't wait to hear more. :-)

Ashley said...

Emma looks darling!! Her toungue sticking out only accentuates how cute she is - especially with that hat on!

We're so glad to hear Mike is loving his job and YEA for your new big purchases. Everything has worked out so far, I can't imagine y'all having any problems with your house!! If only we were there to help y'all move in - and hang out and play games, etc. etc.

We miss you here in Ohio!

Andrea said...

Lou, I admit I'm not a blogger and don't really care too much for other people's blogs, BUT I love yours. Thanks for inviting me.

I love that you have a cat. It makes me feel closer to you :).