Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week of Even More Changes






This past week has been one full of changes for our little family. First of all we finally CLOSED on our house. We are officially home owners and it is crazy. We had been hearing all of these horror stories from everyone about not being able to close for one reason or another, but we were so blessed that everything went as smoothly as it did. We were able to close the exact day that they had planned on. We are definitely excited, but overwhelmed at the same time with everything that we need to do to get everything ready and moved in. We just feel grateful to even have a home to live in so the rest will take care of itself. At least I need to remind myself of this while I am painting. For some reason I thought it would be such an easy, non time consuming thing to do, but today I spent all day painting 1 coat of paint on the kitchen. It consists of 1 1/2 walls. I have learned a lot in one day and hopefully things will go more smoothly from here on out.

So the other changes have been in Emma. I can't believe how much she is growing up. Just in the past week she has decided to roll over more, sit up on her own, get scared at loud noices, get upset when I put her down instead of giving her attention, she likes to play games with us and thinks she is so funny. We can't get over her fun loving personality that get's stronger everyday. Our little girl is growing up so fast and I just wish time would stand still sometimes. We love her so much and I had no idea I could love and worry about someone this much. It is pretty overwhelming, but also wonderful. We are so very blessed.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Fun pictures! Keep 'em coming, I love to see them. And I want to see pictures of your paint. More pictures, more, more!

Congrats again on the house! So exciting!!!

Team Schiele said...

Welcome to the joys of home ownership! Make sure you add a budget item called "Home Depot" and "Lowe's" or what ever your favorite hardware store is. You'll be exchanging lot's of money with them for things like paint, plants, etc...
Be grateful that your home is a new one too!
Love you!
Brian and Mirinda
Team Schiele

Mom in Orem said...

It is so wonderful that you are home owners. It is such a blessing!

Absolutely LOVED the pictures! Emma is growing up so fast! and the one of Mike and Gracie sleeping made me laugh.

tkfonzie said...

I am so excited for you to start giving us updates on all of the cute things you will do to your house. Emma just looks like such a big girl, time is sure not standing still for her:).
The picture of Mike and Gracie was hilarious! Theer is nothing better than a nap;).

Heidi Green said...

I keep forgetting to check your blog now that it's private. I need to move it to my private list and then I'll be better at checking it...

Anyway, it's fun to see and hear more about Emma. It will be fun to see how she reacts to Halloween. If she's getting scared at loud noises, just think or how she'll react to creepy costumes ;-0

Also, I can't wait to see pics of your paint job. Things will definitely go faster once you figure out what you're doing. It's a learning process for sure. It is one of the most rewarding ways to decorate though (in my opinion) because it's such a big change for relatively small cost. And I agree with Team Schiele: Home Depot = lots of $ spent!

Monica said...

I hate to paint, so I feel for you. Good luck on the rest. Thanks for all the pictures. Emma is so fun.

ScoundrelLV said...

What a joy to have your own home. What a lot of work to have your own home. And everything takes longer than you think it will. Emma is just on the heels of Annadele. I can't wait for them to be together. It will be fun to see them moving.

heidi said...

okay, she is seriously so cute! I need to watch her some more!