Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Settling In




So I had to show these funny pictures of Grace. It has been a little overwhelming for our cat to have a new place to explore, but she has found some perks, like this spot above our cabinets. She has been driving me crazy by trying to get into EVERY cupboard. She does it just to get our attention which is fine until it is in the middle of the night, and then I am not a happy camper.

I also had to share by excitement regarding Emma. This may sound crazy to most of you out there, but Emma slept the first time in her crib without being "swaddled". I have been wanting to ween Emma away from having to be swaddled for 2 months now and either she wasn't ready or something came up that made it inconsistent on my part, but I decided to try again and I found SUCCESS!!! Woo Hoo. I couldn't believe it. Whenever I used to lay her down she would just kick and play and cry for an hour and never fall asleep, but she slept all last night and her naps today without the swaddling blanket! She is just growing up so fast. Just this past week she has progressed in so many ways. She is getting physically bigger, but she is also sitting better on her own, making more consonant sounds, she has been singing a bit (well we like to think so), and has definitely began understanding the world around her and her role in it. We are getting better at understanding her moods and what she is trying to communicate with us. She is just FULL of personality. It has been so much fun to see her grow up but we also know this is just the beginning and soon she'll be moving around, talking, going to school, dating and getting married! Good thing we have awhile until those days, but I know they'll come sooner than we think. We are just enjoying this time while she is still young.

6 comments:

tkfonzie said...

Yea for no swaddling! I think that those pics of Gracie are pretty funny. If you remember our cat Tonta that we had in Logan, she would run full speed down the hall then as soon as she would reach the kitchen floor she would slam on the brakes and slide over the vinyl. It was pretty funny, even though it would be about 1am when she would do it ;).

Ashley said...

I'm so glad y'all made it there safe & sound - we miss you here in Ohio already. Crazy pics of Grace - how funny that she has a mind of her own. And yea for no swaddling with Emma - just another milestone! I hope y'all are adjusting and settling in awesome. Oh and I had Chris come out and visit - I'll have to tell you about it sometime! I'm basically going through nursing bootcamp, or so I like to affectionatley call it. ;). haha.

Miss y'all!

Monica said...

So I just caught up on the past 4 blogs. Thanks for the pictures. Your new home looks nice. I can't believe you are already in California. I can't belive Emma is already 6mo. I'm glad you made it safely, and that it was made a little easier for you with movers and all. I hope you can addjust quickly to the heat and new time and area. How's Emma doing with the new inviornment?

Mom in Orem said...

Emma is 6 months old?! How did that happen? How did you ever manage two blogs in one week on top of moving? I just LOVED the pictures.

Heidi Green said...

It's been a while since I've been on the computer... you've done a lot of updates. I'm glad everything is going well with your move so far. I can't wait to hear more detail about your new area and Mike's job. Happy 1/2 birthday Emma!

Marnie said...

It looks like you are all settling in. Congrats on the "un-swaddling" I know it is a big adjustment.