Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas & Our Growing Girl


So we had a really nice Christmas. On Christmas Eve we had a few families from our ward over for dinner. It is a new tradition of ours to invite other people over who don't have family around to spend Christmas with. I think next year I will try and not make as much food. I tend to overdue things and then I worry too much about making sure everything is "just so" that I don't relax and enjoy myself as much as I should. Just something to work on. Christmas morning was fun with Emma. She didn't quite get the ripping of the paper, but she really has liked her new toys. The best was her reaction to her cabbage patch doll. I didn't think she'd care too much for it right now, but she was so excited and thought it was really neat to have a new friend just her size. It was also nice to have Mike home for a long weekend. We just hung out and were lazy. We went dog "browsing" even though we really shouldn't get a dog right now, Mike REALLY wants one. We'll have to be wise about getting a new addition to the family. Any thoughts?

So, Emma keeps getting bigger and growing up so fast. She loves to pull herself up to things, has begun cruising and is determined to walk on her own. (At least she wants too). She is just a lot of fun. She has been sick again this week. Besides her constant teething I think she has a cold and sore throat. She's been pretty miserable. Thankfully she was able to sleep throughout the night last night. We all needed it. So, I finally got a calling in the ward. I am going to be serving as the 1st counselor in the Relief Society Presidency, I've served in the Relief Society in student wards, but it is such a different experience in a family ward. There are a lot more needs as well as a different dynamic. I hope I can serve the best that I can. It will be a good opportunity to serve.

This weekend we are going to brave the New Years traffic into Las Vegas and go and spend the weekend with Mike's sister Merilee and her family. It should be fun to get Emma together with her cousin Annadele, they will be cruisin all over the place. Hopefully we won't be stuck in traffic when we ring in the new year.:) It will be a fun adventure.

7 comments:

tkfonzie said...

RS 1st counselors ROCK! :). You will do great. It is nice that Mike's sister lives relatively close so you could get a little 'family time' over Christmas. It is also fun seeing Emma with her Cabbage Patch.. she is her mother's daughter;). Love the pictures, I can't believe how much she has changed just nince the end of November.

Jackie said...

What fun pictures! I love that little trapped Emma.

That is so fun that you invite people over on Christmas Eve. You guys are so great. What did you make?

Good luck with the new calling, you will be fantastic at it.

Heidi Green said...

So, how did I forget to leave a comment?! I read this right after we talked on the phone. Anyway, have fun this New Years - drive safely!

Mom in Orem said...

The pictures are so wonderful!
You will be a great first counselor.
Have in Las Vegas!

Heidi Green said...

Hey, I just read your comment on Kim's blog and I want to see a picture of your table. When I last talked with you on the phone I thought you'd said you still hadn't gotten one... maybe I misunderstood or maybe you got it right afterward. Can't wait to see it!

Monica said...

I loved all the pictures. I think that's so cute how Emma loved her doll. I'm glad you had a good christmas. What a great idea to have people over. I'm sure they appreciated it too. I hope you had fun with the Andal's. That sounds like fun. How far are you from Merilee? Well I hope you had a safe and fun new year too.

Mandos said...

Emma's doll is as big as she is! Loved the pics! 1st counslor is a big job. But I know you will do great!