Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Monday, December 7, 2009

Home for the Holidays





So it has been forever since my last post. We had a great mini-vacation to Utah over the Thanksgiving holiday and it was so good to see our family. We wish that we could be there for every holiday, but it's nice that we are close enough this year to make it to at least one. Of course our camera batteries were dead during the trip so I have zero pictures. Emma was a super traveler. She only cried for an hour total the whole drive there and back. We were so impressed and very blessed. Now that we are back she has had a hard time getting back onto her schedule. She was doing really well at sleeping through the night, but her sleeping has sure been sporadic since we've been home. I'm not sure if it's because she's getting another tooth, has a cold, or what. She has just been super fussy and I feel so bad for her. Last night she was up every 2 hours and wouldn't go down for any of her morning/afternoon naps. She must be SO tired. She finally fell asleep at 2:00, but she usually gets quite a bit more sleep than that. I hope we don't have another night like last night because both she and mommy need their sleep.

We got our Christmas decorations up and we were the only festive ones on our street until another lonely house decided to don some lights. Emma and I have been listening to Christmas music and Emma loves to dance along. She gets a big kick out of Mom and Dad twirling her around. She's been a pretty happy baby considering she hasn't been feeling well. She is 8 months old now and according to my grandpa she's a "husky guy". I'm glad that she has finally put on some cute baby fat.

Stay Puff Marshmello Girl



Last night we went to our Stake centers Nativity display. Every year they have members bring their nativities and then they put up a beautiful display of nativities from around the world. It is open to the public and I wish we would have invited some of our neighbors because it was a really nice presentation. Next year we will be more proactive. After the nativity display we were able to watch the First Presidency Devotional which was so nice as usual. It always helps me get into the spirit of Christmas. It's easy for me to get caught up in all of the decorations and presents to purchase, but it's nice to remember the reason why we celebrate Christmas, the birth of our Savior, and all he sacrificed for us. It's our families and serving others that is truly important. Hopefully we can take this sweet spirit of Christmas into the next year.

Update on Emma's Room

9 comments:

tkfonzie said...

Oh my Heck! When did you get the matching crib blanket/wallpaper boarder? Hello Martha! Emma's room is darling and I am jealous of the cuteness:). Way to go with the Christmas spirit...you will have all of your neighbors putting up lights when they see how festive they make them feel. I also loved Gracie's stocking, very cute.
You are nesting very well.

Ashley said...

Amy I'm loving your house - as I'm sure you are!!! Seriously though, it's so cute, especially with the Christmas decorations and Emma's room is absolutley darling!!!

So glad y'all could go hang out with fmaily for Thanksgiving and for Emma being the traveler of the year!!! Hopefully she gets back on track soon! I get so sleep greedy. If Gavin doesn't go his normal 9-10 hours, I'm upset. Which makes me laugh because I remember it wasn't too long ago that he was sleeping only 3-4 through the night. I don't want to revisit that ANY time soon - like for years. haha.

How is the ward? Have y'all made some fun friends? Have you found your way around CA? How's Mike liking his job?? We're thinking about y'all!!!

(PS, the minute we get back to Ohio I'm sending your stuff your way, i haven't forgotten, I promise)

Unknown said...

You are the decorating queen...I am not. You're tree and paint and Emma's room are so cute. I should probably step it up a bit...but I won't.

Jackie said...

You are putting my decorating to shame! Seriously girl, you're house looks wonderful. And Emma's room is beyond cute! Do you want to be my interior decorator?

Linds said...

Everything looks beautiful! I hope you three have the best Christmas ever.

Monica said...

Your house is so nice. I love the christmas decor. Thanks for the pictures. It was nice to see you all on Thanksgiving.

Mom in Orem said...

Thank you for all the wonderful pictures! I LOVE blogs!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Love EMMA'S room!! I almost that same bedroom set for Lynsi! Love it!!! What's that I see a cute little stoller in the corner! :)

We drove past your Ohio home last night on our way to a Stake Musical fireside. :( Jon and I both said, "WE MISS THE SHARPS!!!!!!!! " We miss you guys! Just thinkin of ya! Glad to hear you were with some family for Thanksgiving!

Mandos said...

Next time your in town can you help me with my house??! I have to agree if everyone else. You sure have a knack at home decorating!