Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Monday, May 3, 2010

Murray and Sharp Family Farms

Mike has been super busy lately and so it was a nice change of pace for our family to take the weekend off and spend the day picking strawberries!!! There is a cute little farm/market/petting zoo about 20 miles from our home and we have stopped before and thought it was a fun place. We have been wanting to go back and look around some more and finally got the chance. They have this great "U-Pick" package that includes a hayride around the farm, strawberry picking, yummy blueberry pancakes in the morning, as well as entrance into their petting zoo and other kid themed areas. We ended up having a lot of fun and we were even able to bring Molly with us. It was a nice relaxing afternoon and the strawberries were so yummy! (A lot better than the ones we bought at the store last time) So I think we will have to go back for their Nectarine U-pick.:)








So there's a lot pic, but here is an updated one of our gardens. We are currently looking forward to the following homegrown produce:carrots, peas, green beans, zuchinni, corn, strawberries, raspberries, cilantro, spinach, romaine and leaf lettuce, cucumbers, and rhubarb. We're crossing our fingers that everything will grow.

9 comments:

Jackie said...

How fun! I can't wait to get started on our garden. You're making me itch to get it going. Yay for spring & growing things!

tkfonzie said...

It looks and sounds like you had a great time! I love Emma's little hat:). What is the metal grid-stuff over the tops of the boxes for? I hope that they produce lots of veggies for you!

Unknown said...

Way cool! I want a garden I think.

Amy and Mike said...

So the grids aren't metal, but just string. We couldn't find the right kind of wood lathes that we were supposed to use. Since we are using the "Square Foot Gardening" method, you separate your garden into "square foot" sections and you're supposed to be able to grow more produce in less space. Sorry, long explanation.

Marnie said...

Yummy! What a fun afternoon. I love all the pictures. Good luck with your garden. I just used these cheap bamboo sticks that I found at Lowes for my grid. I don't think it really matters what you use, as long as it works for you.

Heidi Green said...

I can not believe how big Emma is looking in the pictures. She is starting to look like a little girl and not a baby!! Your gardens look awesome and I can't wait to see what you grow. We tried cilantro (even though Kim told me it wouldn't work - I wanted it sooo bad!) I hope it works better in your climate, I'll be envious if it does. :)

Mansius Family said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! I miss Murray Farms. I need to find something like that here. Good luck with the garden. I still have not planted mine yet. I'm still waiting for it to get warmer.

Monica said...

Hey I have a shirt just like that! What a fun little place. I'm so glad you remember to take pictures of things like this. Your gardens look great! You'll have to let us know how they turn out.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Ohhh I love it! Such fun pics! Emma has gotten soo big! WOW!! YOu guys are missed here in OHIO!!!

Hey! Our landlords are being difficult with us and won't let us sign anything but a year lease and we can't cause Jon graduates next year and then we'll move. Did you like your aparments that you lived in HIlliard?