Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Summer Projects and Changes

So we are no longer pet sitting the dog, but we do still have an extra cat. We are trying to find her a good home since she and Gracie do not get along so well. So that's our pet update, and now on to different things.
Emma is growing up so fast. She will be 18 months old in a couple of weeks and we sure can't wait for her to be in nursery. She will do great. She is learning so many new things each day. She loves to imitate the things that we do and say. She loves taking our keys and trying to unlock the doors.
Whenever we are in the car and the music comes on she is in the back just boppin away to the beat, she loves to dance, although still pretty uncoordinated. (It's pretty funny to watch though.) She is talking so much more and saying the following words: please, done, Uh-oh, shoes, fish, cheese, juice, keys, Daddy, baby, diaper, dog, kitty, book, Football, ball, No, Jesus, and probably others that I just can't think of right now. I keep trying to catch her talking on video but she has NEVER liked to perform for the camera. Funny girl. She is starting to get her molars and has been a little cranky lately because of that, I don't blame her. She sure looks happy in this picture. She is showing me her "teeth".


Last week I wasted a TON of time trying to accomplish a sewing projects. I sew so infrequently that it takes me a lot of time just getting the fabric cut out, not to mention sewing it together. I decided that I wanted to make a nice comfortable jumper dress, and I had some fabric leftover to make Emma a matching dress. It started out as this grand project that I was determined to finish in one day, but that didn't really pan out. I finally finished my dress, but it is pretty big on me. I decided that it will be a nice maternity jumper for when I get pregnant again, and I haven't finished Emma's dress because it is too small for her. I guess I could finish it and if I have another little girl someday she could wear it. Anyway, I guess it was good practice, and filled up my sewing quota for the year.
Here is an upclose look at the fabric

I also found the cutest and easiest pattern for these pinwheel hair clips. They seriously took me like 2 minutes to make and since they are made from felt, I could do many different color combo's for relatively cheap.


So the biggest news/change in our family is for Mike. He was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric on Sunday. Emma and I are sure going to miss sitting next to him during Sacrament Meeting on Sundays, but we are proud of him and his willingness to serve the Lord.

Lastly, we are already decked out for the next couple of holidays. As I was searching for some fabric for my first project I had to rummage through my fall decorations and decided that I would just put them up instead of going through them again in 2 weeks. So it is Halloween here at the Sharp residence from September through October. Kinda silly, but Oh Well!

5 comments:

Mandos said...

That is so sad about your jummbers! Sounds like just the thing I would do! But they turned out way cute!
Good Luck Mike in your new calling.

Marlo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marlo said...

Hey I decorate for fall/halloween right after labor day... (fall is my favorite time of year!! :) Emma was such a big girl in nursery on Sunday... so nice when they want to go, hopefully sometime soon Jace will want to go too, since he's already 2 and still screams everytime... I don't want to jinx you, but my husband was the same age as Mike when he was called into the bishopric (we only had 2 kids then) that was almost 7 years ago... :) Sunday's are hard, but I feel the same way as you, just grateful for his williness to serve! You guys have been such an amazing addition to our ward!! thanks for all you both do for so many!

Heidi Green said...

Emma is growing up so fast. The older she gets, the more I realize how close she and Owen are in age.

Way to go on your jumpers. Bummer about the sizing. I have been getting the sewing bug lately too! I downloaded a pattern for a purse off of someone's sewing blog and I also have a super cute retro apron pattern from Mom. Hold on to those things long enough and they come back in style. ;) It will probably be a while before I get around to doing them, but it's on my mind. :)

Mike (and you) will be great! That will be a lot of work for both of you. Good luck in sacrament meeting.

I wanna see pictures of your decor. I actually got an itch to get mine out the other day but I made myself wait. :)

Monica said...

You have been a buisy girl. It is fun to hear about how Emma is doing. Good luck finding a home for the cat. I wish Mike the best in his new calling. I know it will be time consuming and at times hard for both of you, but the Lord is in charge and you will both grow from the experience.