Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's Gettin There

When we first moved into our house we were told that we needed to finish our backyard within 6 months. I don't think we really HAD too, because honestly what were they going to do if we didn't, but we have moved forward, and after a year we are finally getting our backyard finished. We'll still have a lot of work to do in the next few years, and I'm sure we'll make small adjustments here and there, but for now hopefully there won't be as much MUD tracked in, and I won't have to clean the carpets as much as a result. Now all we need to get is some kind of outdoor play set, because all Emma wants to play with are the strawberries and rocks.


Before:




During:






After:





We "seeded" our yard twice, and it is finally starting to come in thicker. We will probably have to do a little over seeding in a couple of places, but luckily we have grass over "most" of our backyard. We ended up putting gravel in our side yards so that the water could drain easier. I'm sure it will continue to be a work in progress, but for now it sure looks a whole lot better.

9 comments:

Jackie said...

It looks fantastic! Great job guys!

Marlo said...

for just 1 year, that is amazing! you guys have done alot of work! you'll love when your fruit trees get bigger and start producing! yes Emma does love to play in the strawberries, that's the 1st place she went to when I was over the other night... ha ha!

tkfonzie said...

Yea for you! The grass is MUCH thicker and lusher now than at the beginning of the season, and it will continue to thicken. I am thinking you guys have done a great job:).

Heidi Green said...

It looks awesome! The grass is looking great! It is so nice to have a place to let the little ones (kids & dogs) out to play. I hope you're enjoying all your hard work. :)

Monica said...

Yards are so much work. You have done an awesome job in just a year. It is fun to see the progress. Thanks for the pictures.

annathanp said...

We've been in our house for eleven years and aren't close to being done. Good job for you.

I'm sure Emma will love having something to play with. I think the most used thing in our backyard is our sand box. The kids and neighbors have spent hours and hours in it.

Jackie said...

I just clicked to your blog to see if there was another post & just had to tell you again how much I love your family picture at the top. Maybe I'm bias & maybe it's because I was there when you took it, but I just think it's so stinkin' cute! I love it! That little scrunchy face that Emma is making is to die for!

Mandos said...

looks great! Can't wait to go play out there!

Linds said...

Wow. Your yard looks great. I suspect hours and hours of fun will be enjoyed in that beautiful setting. Congrats on your hard work.