Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, October 7, 2010

"OH, the places she'll go"

I took these pictures the other day and thought they were pretty funny. Emma has quite the imagination and is also very determined. She decided it would be a good idea to put the baby stroller up onto the futon. For what reason I'm not quite sure, but it seemed like a good plan to her.






(As you can see she had to fix the broken stroller)

It has been a lot of fun watching her interact with her toys more. The other day she put her "baby" doll into the high chair, laid her on the piano and started saying "Shh, Shh", gives her kisses, and pretends to change her diaper. She is also very observant of our pets. She will grab Rusty's ball and point to the ground and try and say "sit". She has watched Mommy do this many times. The funniest thing happened the other day though. Mike had to ask me if Emma had been spending too much time with the cats because he had just witnessed her lick up her arm and then wipe her arm over her head. (Just like a cat) Oh she is a crack up. We sure love her. I can't believe how big she is getting.

These pictures were taken after she handed me the camera saying "Cheese".

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so funny how observant little children are. And there efforts at replicating what they see is really hilarious.

Heidi Green said...

So cute. I love these fun little tidbit stories - thanks.

tkfonzie said...

Too Funny! I love this age when they are just growing and developing so fast:). This is also why I address Ty as 'Dad' or 'Popi', the kids would call him Ty if I didn't and now it is a habit it am trying to break:). Funny how they never called me Kim...Hmmmm?

Mom in Orem said...

Emma is growing! These pictures allow us to see it happening right before our eyes, and yes, children learn by imitation. What fun you are all having!

Jackie said...

Who knew you would give birth to a kitty? You and your zoo... :)

Jackie said...

p.s. I love your little kitty, she's so funny.

Marnie said...

She is so cute and growing up so quickly. I can't wait to see her in a little while!

Monica said...

Oh how fun! Emma is so cute! I love that you get these on camera.