Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Visitors

So, this past week we have been lucky enough to have some friends of ours staying with us. They were in need of a temporary housing situation and given our ample space for 3, we decided our home was the obvious choice. I was a little worried at first about how things would work out, but it really hasn't been a problem at all, and if anything Emma has loved having another friend to play with. Their daughter is just a little older than Emma and so they have been getting along pretty well. The funniest thing is watching them imitate each other. If one child has a drink, the other has to as well. If one child is playing with a toy, the other child wants the same toy also. I know this is the stage they are in, but it is just fascinating to watch each day. Their new favorite thing to do is "Ring around the Roses". They will just hold onto each others' hands and walk around. Emma just loves it. I don't know how Emma is going to cope with her little friend leaving, she will be so bored! I guess we'll have to set up some special play dates. It was also nice to have some "live in" babysitters so Mike and I could go on a date. I have been worried about people coming over to babysit Emma, mostly because of Rusty. It has taken him a good week to finally be comfortable around a new family in his territory. I sure hope he adjust quicker to Mike's family coming out for Thanksgiving. This has been a good chance for us to see how he reacts, and hopefully there have been some things we have learned that we can work on with him. We sure can't wait to have more visitor in a week or so.



Rusty doesn't know why everyone has to get into his crate!

8 comments:

Heidi Green said...

I'm glad it all worked out for the best. :)

I love the pictures of everyone in the kennel, especially the one of the cat. ha ha

Jackie said...

Is that picture of your cat supposed to make me like it more? Hmmm.

tkfonzie said...

How hilarious that his crate is the place to be!:))
Who was the family that stayed with you? Were they looking for a job? Fun for Emma to have a built in buddy!

Ashley said...

You guys rock to open your home like that - I don't know if I could do it! ;).

I am amazed at how Big Emma is - she's so so adorable, and looking SO much like Mike, its crazy. I'm loving your hair bytheway - and your backyard looks awesome. Logan is NOT a fan of Texas grass - neither am I, but it's all I've ever really known. We miss you guys - I'm so grateful for blogging to stay in touch, and people like you who really do it ;) haha.

annathanp said...

Poor Rusty. I especially like that the cat thought it looked like a comfy place for a nap.

Lovey likes to drink out of Holly's water dish. It makes Holly mad. She looks at the cat like, "what are you doing? That's mine". Then, she starts whining and yipping. The cat finishes drinking and then runs off growling in an agitated way. They have issues just like normal kids.

Monica said...

You guys stay busy, and are so generous. I love the pictures. So how did Thanksgiving go?

Heidi Green said...

Ok, so I miss you...

How was your Thanksgiving? Did you go to Vegas? I can't wait to hear how your all doing.

Love ya.

Heidi Green said...

I meant you're not your - but whatever...