Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Out with the Old, in with the New

Sorry it has been awhile since we have posted. Everyone survived the last storm although people are still without electricity a week later. We were one of the lucky ones. So we had a great evening at the Lion King. Mike surprised me and took me out for dinner which was great and then we really enjoyed the production. On our way to the theater we realized that our seats were not together. They were actually a whole row and section apart. Luckily the show wasn't sold out and so we were able to find some good seats together. If you have never seen the "Lion King" ala Broadway style they have the most amazing costumes and scenery. It is what really made the show. It was really impressive watching how they were able to create the scenes and characters with just costuming. Also, the woman who played Raffiki was amazing. I have never heard a human being sound like that. She would sing in different African tribal languages like the one where they just "click" their tongues. It was great. She was very talented. We were also able to see more of downtown Columbus than we have seen. It is a relatively nice, clean and quiet town. (At least the areas we have seen) We are really enjoying our time here.

So our summer is finally coming to an end. The weather is starting to change, which I love. I love the Autumn and I hear it is beautiful out here with all of the trees. Also, Mike starts school tomorrow. He was lucky enough to have such a long break, but now he won't have another long break until next June. I guess we've been spoiled. So this is a good luck post for Mike on his new quarter of school. Only 4 left, Yeah!!!!!




(Here's Mike and his class preparing for a hard day working with Food)

Unfortunately it is not going to be that easy, but a lot more rewarding. Love ya Honey.

7 comments:

Mandos said...

Lion King sounds amazing. I'm glad you guys had a nice night out.

Good luck with school Mike!

Heidi Green said...

Good luck with school Mike!

Hey Amy - give me a call when you get a minute... I never know your schedule and I'd love to chit chat!

Jackie said...

I'm so glad that you were able to sit by each other during the Lion King...I bet you were so sad when you realized how far away your seats were. It sounds like a great play...jealous!!! Good luck with school Mike, I hope it goes well.

tkfonzie said...

I am glad you had fun at the play. I can't believe that they gave you seats that weren't together, especially since the venue wasn't full, weird. You kids are as always, super cute.

Marnie said...

Mike, good luck with the new semester. Lion King sounds like it was fun.

Team Schiele said...

4 Quarters and counting! Whoo hoo. Thats like a year left. Keep up the good work both of you.

Mom in Orem said...

I remember when I went to the Lion King. I too was enchanted with the costuming and scenery. Sound like you got an extra special experience with the person playing Rafikii.

4 quarters will go so fast! And the best part is that right now all you have to concentrate on is this quarter! Success!