Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Contemplating 29




As I sit here contemplating my fate that my 29th birthday is tomorrow I can't help but think about all of the blessings I have received over the past 29 years. Next year will be the crazy birthday year because Mike has decided that once I'm 30 he will be 30 and that will make him OLD!!! Thanks a lot hun, but luckily you have a couple more years left until you are "over the hill". :)

I feel so lucky at this point in my life to have been so blessed. We are expecting our first child in 6 weeks!! and that is crazy. Our lives are going to change so much, but for the better. We have great families that love us and support us. It's nice to know that we have such great family support at home while we are living so far away. Over the past 29 years I have had the opportunity of meeting many wonderful people and making many great friendships.

Although it took me a little bit longer to find my eternal companion I am thankful for the experiences that I was able to have and the people that influenced my path throughout that period of time. I was so blessed to be able to serve a mission and I know that that experience has given me insights that I would not have gained any other way. I also had the great opportunity of furthering my education and obtaining my degree. I took me awhile and I changed my mind a lot, but I know that even though I am not working in special education that I was able to learn so much and my education will be a blessing to my family and a blessing later on in life as well.

As we are embarking on some very new adventures I know that there is so much more to experience and learn and I am so excited for the next 29 years. I'm sure there will be hard times along with the good, but from looking back I can see how the hard times help to make us stronger and inevitably who we are. So here's to 29 wonderful years and to the people and experiences that have helped make me what I am today. Thanks for everything!

P.S. This is the most current prego shot. This pregnancy has gone by pretty smoothly so far and so we have been very blessed. Other than my crazy, incessant itching there isn't too much to complain about. Things are going well.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday, and you are such a beautiful pregnant woman! Best of luck in the next six weeks!

Mandos said...

Happy birthday Amy! I hope you have a great day!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Amy! You and Joshua have the same birthday. However, he is only turning 2. I hope you have a great year.

Heidi Green said...

Happy Birthday cutie! Have fun at the Cheesecake Factory tonight. Sorry I had to run last night, I had 30 people clamoring for my attention (or maybe it was just 3 but I still felt a little frazzled ;-) I'll talk with you soon.

tkfonzie said...

Happy Birthday Miss Amy! I hope that you get to do something fun:).
I think that your belly has popped out, you are looking just right. I am sorry we didn't get to chat longer at Heidi's, It is hard for me to hear using Mom's phone, It couldn't be because I am hard of hearing could it?;)