Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, March 5, 2009

The WHOLE book


Since Amy has been super good to me these last couple of weeks (bringing me dinner as I study, doing all the laundry, cleaning the house, etc.) as school has been super busy. I decided that I would take a break from getting projects done and surprise her with a blog post.
I just got done reading my first text book from cover to cover. It's a pretty incredible feat that I'm not sure many people ever do in their life. In my 5 and a half years of college, not to mention the 4 years of high school, I've never been close to reading a whole text book. In fact, the majority of my classes I haven't even needed to open the book at all. My marketing class, however, has forced me to perform what I'm sure is a truly unique accomplishment. 25% of what we are tested on comes exclusively from the book, with really specific questions like, "how many times is the word, "elasticity", mentioned on page 321." (maybe a little exaggeration, but you get the point) Anyway, just a few hours ago I finished the last chapter of the book, cementing one of my greatest accomplishments...well this quarter at least.
As some of you know, Amy's sister Heidi put together a sweet, "baby shower blog." There are some fun games and things to comment on. If you haven't seen it, take a minute to check it out: babygirlsharp.blogspot.com Thanks again Heidi, that was a great idea!

6 comments:

Marques said...

I didn't know you could read.

tkfonzie said...

Way to go Mike! So far, Drew has had several Textbooks he bought for classes that didn't even get opened once! (Teachers perrogitive not his:).

Mandos said...

I'm impressed. I like to read but I can't stand text books! I always find that my mind drifts. :0

Marnie said...

Wow, I am impressed and very sorry! Sounds like a tough class - Good luck with the rest of what is left!

Team Schiele said...

Glad to see you found a spare moment to say hello. So proud of you! Keep working hard. You go school boy.

Monica said...

I have never read a whole text book. Al on the other hand reads them for fun. That is if the subject interest him. Way to go. It is good to hear from you.